Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

How to Red Rocks Concert

undercover

Anyone on here experience a concert at red rocks? Looking for some insight on what to do and what NOT to do. I could rent a car or Uber. Where should I stay? Is it pretty easy to navigate crowds and seating? I would most likely show up a full day before the event and leave 2 days after. School me please. This just moved into top 5 bucket list.

Blessings

Gooseboy

I have wanted to attend a concert there in the future. I didn't even realize it would be this complicated. I'll be following along with the replies.

Depends on how many drugs you are going to do. It’s pretty straight forward. Just like going to an nba, nfl, or other concert venue. Lots of parking but it can be a long walk. If you going to be inebriated I’d just get an Uber. Plenty of places to stay. All depends on where you want to stay. The closer to the mountains the more expensive. Airbnb, or hotels within 20 minutes are a pretty long list.

It’s really no different than any other venue with a large number of people.

Depends on how many drugs you are going to do. It’s pretty straight forward. Just like going to an nba, nfl, or other concert venue. Lots of parking but it can be a long walk. If you going to be inebriated I’d just get an Uber. Plenty of places to stay. All depends on where you want to stay. The closer to the mountains the more expensive. Airbnb, or hotels within 20 minutes are a pretty long list.

Thanks. I’m an over thinker and some events in life I just don’t want that “ oh #?%¥” moment. not that I can’t overcome adversity, just want to know the unknown before I get there if you get my drift

We went to see Duran Duran last August. Beautiful venue!
We stayed in a cabin in Morrison and drove the rental car to the concert
We actually “scouted” the day before just to see how everything layed out; event staff were very friendly

Don’t bring an umbrella or bottle; they will be left at the gate
The signs say no smoking, but plenty going on(upper part of seating mainly)

Traffic was not bad at all

Elevation change got us pretty good; we are from Va!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_3313.jpeg
    IMG_3313.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3308.jpeg
    IMG_3308.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3301.jpeg
    IMG_3301.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3213.jpeg
    IMG_3213.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 32

...this!
The venue lives up to the reputation (usually more so than the band playing). Uber is the way to go if you drink, but parking is easy otherwise. Lodging is not a problem. There's even a property down the street that sets up and rents outfitters tents, then shuttles guests...

Honestly. 2024 line up is not spectacular for me personally. My son knows Red Rocks is on the list and Heart is one of the bands I’ve never seen. so september might just happen. Don’t really care for country. But some of the best most fun concerts for me have been country. I can’t explain it

My wife went to one of the hillbilly concerts and ended up with a totaled BMW due to a hail event. Thankfully the damage doesn't bother her so she took the $$$$$$ and kept driving. She has been a few times and enjoyed it, nothing has tempted me yet.

It is a sweet venue. Just be aware that depending on the show, there will be a solid representation from the wookie crowd.

I like the idea of taking a car. They are more sensitive to weather events after a nasty hail storm last year. So if the show is delayed or paused for weather and they make you leave the venue, you have a car to go back to. Also tailgaing is great there. Good views and you can have beers without worrying about cops ticketing you like other states. Its definitely a hike up to the venue unless you get there early and can park at the upper lot. It gets windy so plan on bringing a warm layer for after the sun goes down.

Took my son to see Hozier last summer. It was both our first time at the rocks and it awesome. We drove down from Laramie, parking was fine, had to walk a bit but nothing to complain about, almost got in the bathroom line thinking it was the line to get into the venue (close call), I drank some beer, and we drove back to Laramie that night. No big deal, I think you are over thinking it.

Do not bring your favorite pocket knife with you...It'll end up in the trash or you'll have to run it all the way back to your truck. Ask me how I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back