How old is the HT?

What age are you

• 12-30

• 30-40

• 40-50

• 50-60

• 60- beyond

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's the entire audience, not just the subscribers. Our views come from non-subscribers much more than subscribers. I am often being reminded that I need to ask people to subscribe. Just not my style. If they want to subscribe, fine. If not, no biggie.
What does it do for the content creator to have more subscribed viewers, rather than the overall viewers in general? I know it shows how much we skip through the videos for the interesting parts but does it add “cents:second” to be subscribed? FWIW, I try not to skip through any of your videos- if I choose it, I watch it! I can’t say the same for any of them other suckers though! 😉🤪

It's the entire audience, not just the subscribers. Our views come from non-subscribers much more than subscribers. I am often being reminded that I need to ask people to subscribe. Just not my style. If they want to subscribe, fine. If not, no biggie.
I like Hey there folks, it’s Randy Newberg better than hey there folks smash that like button.

I like Hey there folks, it’s Randy Newberg better than hey there folks smash that like button.
No shit. Its a little refreshing.

@Flatbrimmer i try to comment/like the conservation ones.... helps the algorithim and spread the north american model gospel.
What if I’m 40? Do I select 30-40 or 40-50. Your response determines my vote so you get an accurate answer.
Pick your favorite

What does it do for the content creator to have more subscribed viewers, rather than the overall viewers in general? I know it shows how much we skip through the videos for the interesting parts but does it add “cents:second” to be subscribed? FWIW, I try not to skip through any of your videos- if I choose it, I watch it! I can’t say the same for any of them other suckers though! 😉🤪
I'm not sure what it does. I suspect the higher the number of subscribers, the higher the bids companies make to place pre-roll or mid-roll ads in content from that channel. It also is likely to increase the number of people who ask for "alerts" when content is posted by that channel.

I suspect it also gets your channel on the radar of more ad agencies. I already get a dozen inquiries a week from companies wanting us to do "collabs" with them or their client, on our channel. I don't need more of those pain in the butt emails.

I've structured our sponsorships such that our agreements have no reference to likes, views, subs, or whatever. So, I really don't put much emphasis on the number of subs. We produce the content we think is useful to the WHY of our business. If people watch it, great. If they don't watch it, oh well. If companies or ad agencies want some artificial metrics in order to work with us, then we're probably not the group for them or their client. No biggie.

I probably should be a complete nerd on YouTube's best practices, given it's our largest distribution platform, but I just don't have the time or interest. Michael and Matthew have a pretty good handle on it. For me, meh.

I spend way more time understanding Hunt Talk, its users, its lurkers, user's time on site, weekly visits per user, content that encourages member engagement, content that discourages member engagement, and a ton of other stuff.

This is a social media platform, but one I get to control. It gets more engagement than our FB and IG combined. So, I spend most of my time worrying about how this platform performs, causing the crew to shake their head when they see I couldn't create an IG short (?) or FB story (?), if my life depended on it.

Edit - Thanks for watching our content.

From what I've read you need at least 1000 subscribers and so many views to qualify for monetization, but it doesn't actually affect how much they make, that's based on views, but it shows potential for views since lots of subscribers = lots of views.

From what I've read you need at least 1000 subscribers and so many views to qualify for monetization, but it doesn't actually affect how much they make, that's based on views, but it shows potential for views since lots of subscribers = lots of views.
Views drive revenue if the video is or can be monetized. A lot of our stuff cannot be monetized because it has guns, knives, and dead animals.

And on videos we can monetize, the biggest variable is how much the companies bid for their CPM (cost per thousand ads) to be inserted by YouTube into our content as pre-roll or mid-roll. YouTube has a system where companies can select what criteria they are looking for in terms of expected audiences, added to the bidding process where companies agree to a maximum amount they are willing to pay in terms of CPM. When you have a lot of strikes against your channel or a video, due to words used in the title and description, or the AI that scans the video for "offensive content," the amount companies bid is very low.

We have a lot of videos where the software we use tells us to retitle it or change the description. It highlights in yellow words like, "kill," "rifle," "knife," "shoot," and a lot of other terms associated with hunting.

Example of how to get demonetized - I title a video as "Randy's rifle Colorado elk hunt." And the description says, "Randy shoots his biggest Colorado elk at 200 yards."

The software wants me to say something like "Randy goes to Colorado and catches an elk." Having terms of "rifle" and "shoot" got that video monetized. Well, I'm not using titles and descriptions that software tells me to use. I tell the crew to use what best describes the video. Add to that the AI that YouTube uses to warn us, and potential advertisers, of "offensive content" and the idea the YouTube monetization takes a big hit

Sorry to the OP for derailing from the Hunt Talk demographic you are trying to obtain.

Views drive revenue if the video is or can be monetized. A lot of our stuff cannot be monetized because it has guns, knives, and dead animals.

And on videos we can monetize, the biggest variable is how much the companies bid for their CPM (cost per thousand ads) to be inserted by YouTube into our content as pre-roll or mid-roll. YouTube has a system where companies can select what criteria they are looking for in terms of expected audiences, added to the bidding process where companies agree to a maximum amount they are willing to pay in terms of CPM. When you have a lot of strikes against your channel or a video, due to words used in the title and description, or the AI that scans the video for "offensive content," the amount companies bid is very low.

We have a lot of videos where the software we use tells us to retitle it or change the description. It highlights in yellow words like, "kill," "rifle," "knife," "shoot," and a lot of other terms associated with hunting.

Example of how to get demonetized - I title a video as "Randy's rifle Colorado elk hunt." And the description says, "Randy shoots his biggest Colorado elk at 200 yards."

The software wants me to say something like "Randy goes to Colorado and catches an elk." Having terms of "rifle" and "shoot" got that video monetized. Well, I'm not using titles and descriptions that software tells me to use. I tell the crew to use what best describes the video. Add to that the AI that YouTube uses to warn us, and potential advertisers, of "offensive content" and the idea the YouTube monetization takes a big hit

Sorry to the OP for derailing from the Hunt Talk demographic you are trying to obtain.
All good! It was interesting.

Part of what makes the content appealing to watch is the limited product endorsement, not gamed/edited to maximize views, and authenticity.

I subscribed quite a while ago - and got wind of the fresh tracks weekly that way (i get notified). Previously id search "randy hunt xyz" and get your content (hunting only) but now get presented it in youtube when i open the app without searching. Not at all critiquing your strategy/delivery to spread the message of conservation - but subscribed folks might be more likely to tune in on stuff thats not expressly trendy in the algorithim.

I really appreciate the 12 to 30 age range, it takes a considerable amount of time to mature in the hunting world. By these standards, at 32, I’m just on the cusp of my teenage years.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back