Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hot sauce!

JEL

What do you all like. This one taste great but man. Some sweating and yes a little regret. IMG_7856.jpeg

This one ok.
I found a hot sauce about 20 years ago that STILL in my mind was the best one ever. One drop would floor you. Sadly there wasn't a solid market🤔20240205_205017.jpg

Very “mainstream” but Buffalo Wild Wings mango habenro adds sweet and heat nicely. But it needs a very light hand… very easy to overdo it for most of my family members.

Super simple and awesome green hot salsa.

Ingredients

• 1 medium garlic clove
  • 4 branches fresh cilantro up to a full bunch of mostly tops. some stems is just fine no need to work hard stripping leaves.
  • 1/2 pound fresh tomatillos, husks removed, and quartered
  • 1 tablespoon onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 to 2 fresh Serrano chiles with seeds. Start with up to one as two gets very spicy.
  • Salt to taste (does not need much)
  • 8 ounces queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese), cream cheese, or firm fresh goat cheese, cut into 1/2-inch by 2-inch sticks

Directions

1. Combine the garlic, cilantro , tomatillos, onion, sugar, and chiles in a blender or the bowl of a food processor and pulse down to a very fine mince, until well combined but not entirely liquid. The salsa should have a slightly thickened texture to stand up to the cheese.

Add salt to taste.

2. Pour the salsa into a serving bowl. Tuck some of the cheese sticks into it and have the rest on a plate. Set out in the middle of the table and have everyone dip away.

3. Also makes a great salsa for tostadas, spooning over anything than goes well with salsa, including fried/scramled eggs etc.

4. Highly addicting. You could swap in any other hot green chile but Serrano is perfect.

I don't know what changed for me but anymore I can't handle any heat. Too bad as I used to really like hot sauces. I went overboard in 2021 and made all sorts of fermented sauces, then my system changed and I can barely use any of them.

View attachment 314244
Really weird for me also - I used to grow all sorts of peppers (ghost, reapers, different varieties of jalapeños/habaneros (favorite was chocolate habanero), scorpions, etc. I use to make ferment, sauces, and salsa. Can barely handle a semi-hot jalapeño at this point without feeling it the next day.

This one ok.
I found a hot sauce about 20 years ago that STILL in my mind was the best one ever. One drop would floor you. Sadly there wasn't a solid market🤔View attachment 314298
Blind makes some good sauces.
I came across their Montana Smoke Jumper a few years ago at a restaurant and still remember it. Ought to buy myself a bottle.

I am not a connoisseur of hot sauces, though I am a substantial user of them.

I have found that variety is chief, and one needs diversity in their liquid spice because pairings matter. Recently, I have been heavily reliant upon Melinda’s Black Truffle Hot Sauce. I liked it so much, that I purchased every other Melinda’s offering – and didn’t really like any of them. So there's another lesson – hot sauce families are dysfunctional and judging one by its sibling will get you nowhere. Lately, the family has been really enjoying Salsa Huichol – which of all these hot sauces is the cheapest. Another truth – you can’t tell a hot sauce by how much you paid for it.

Of course there are Old Faithfuls never to be taken for granted – the Tabasco and the Siracha. I anthropomorphize my hot sauce a bit, so in this photo, I imagine the Siracha lying on its side, elbow on the ground, side of head on hand. You’ve seen groups of people pose this way before, and now you have seen hot sauces do the same.

1707409483643.png

Our local walmart started carrying small like sample sized yellowbird sauces for $1 each. I'll grab a couple of each every so often when I go there. Good stuff.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back