MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hoosiers heading out west?

nwihunter

The Indiana threads have been pretty quiet lately. Any of you Hoosiers heading out west this year and what are you hunting? I got lucky and ended up drawing a New Mexico first rifle elk tag this year. The company that work for is also taking me to South Dakota for a pheasant hunt in October and to Idaho pheasant hunting in December. I have some great bosses. I’m so glad they are hunters and not golfers.

If you don’t mind me asking, how was Idaho picked for a pheasant hunting trip? I totally understand South Dakota but heading to Idaho in December to pheasant hunt seems like you are going past all of the pheasant country! I know there are a few birds around but was Idaho picked for a special reason?

If you don’t mind me asking, how was Idaho picked for a pheasant hunting trip? I totally understand South Dakota but heading to Idaho in December to pheasant hunt seems like you are going past all of the pheasant country! I know there are a few birds around but was Idaho picked for a special reason?
My company takes me on a trip every year and they are not about roughing it so they pick some pretty high end places to go. Places that I definitely wouldn’t be going to if i had to pay for It. It’s a 5000 acre ranch that is fully guided with planted as well as some natural birds. We also do a day steelhead fishing on the Clear river while we are there. It’s called the Flying B Ranch and they also do big game hunts as well. It is some absolutely beautiful country out there and I’m very lucky they drag me along on these trips. IMG_3646.jpegIMG_3554.jpegIMG_7997.jpeg

My company takes me on a trip every year and they are not about roughing it so they pick some pretty high end places to go. Places that I definitely wouldn’t be going to if i had to pay for It. It’s a 5000 acre ranch that is fully guided with planted as well as some natural birds. We also do a day steelhead fishing on the Clear river while we are there. It’s called the Flying B Ranch and they also do big game hunts as well. It is some absolutely beautiful country out there and I’m very lucky they drag me along on these trips. View attachment 285825View attachment 285827View attachment 285828
That is fantastic!!!

I go west at least a couple times every fall. This year is Kansas whitetail early muzzleloader, Wyoming mule deer and cow elk rifle, Arizona elk late rifle.

My company takes me on a trip every year and they are not about roughing it so they pick some pretty high end places to go. Places that I definitely wouldn’t be going to if i had to pay for It. It’s a 5000 acre ranch that is fully guided with planted as well as some natural birds. We also do a day steelhead fishing on the Clear river while we are there. It’s called the Flying B Ranch and they also do big game hunts as well. It is some absolutely beautiful country out there and I’m very lucky they drag me along on these trips. View attachment 285825View attachment 285827View attachment 285828
Lol are they hiring?

Drew muzzy elk and mule deer for Colorado and am buying the add on bear tag as the unit has a lot of bears and a lot of those are color phased. So three tags and worked things out with friend, wife, and work to hunt 7 days straight.

I hunted a second choice tag in 2021 that wasn’t worth the cost of admission. Missed out to Wyo point creep last year (and refused to hunt a second choice tag again) so I haven’t had a quality western hunt since 2020. Really looking forward to it.

I go west at least a couple times every fall. This year is Kansas whitetail early muzzleloader, Wyoming mule deer and cow elk rifle, Arizona elk late rifle.
I have been kicking around the idea of trying a Wyoming cow elk hunt and possibly antelope as well.

I have been kicking around the idea of trying a Wyoming cow elk hunt and possibly antelope as well.
I've a cow tag Unit 80 in WY. Learned DIY non-res hunting land is limited. Searching for a resident guide in the Jackson WY area.

My good friend Rich works at the D

I have been kicking around the idea of trying a Wyoming cow elk hunt and possibly antelope as
Good hunts are still available every year on the full price tag for minimal points. They eat the same as a bull if not better and you will still be elk hunting in the middle of elk.

When you head to Kansas in September, if you haven’t been before, take plenty of tick and chigger repellent and treat your clothes as recommended on the bottle. I was there last September and we were caught off guard by the amount of ticks we were finding. I don’t know what part of the state you’re going to but I’ve ran into ticks on every hunt in four different units between deer and turkeys. Besides the ticks I’ve always had a blast! Hope that help you some.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back