Homemade Backstop

Jamen

Has anyone made a homemade backstop before? I have seen a few made out of 3/4 in stall mats. I think that those would be a pain to pull out of. I seen the shield from BUP they look decent but wanted it to be a bit cheaper. I could use bails I suppose if I had to but I wants something a bit better than that. Thanks in advance

Jamen

A unique one some of the free public archery ranges here use is a wooden "stall" that they pile sand into. Can be a bit tough on the arrow finish, but works well, is weather proof, and fairly cheap.

I have seen those before I just had forgot about it that would be a good idea as well. I am getting a new bow set up this year so while I dial it in id like a backstop rather than the tall grass. I also take some new shooters out time to time and they get really discouraged when they start losing arrows.

Thanks for the idea!

I've got a buddy that got a whole crapload of carpet scraps from a local carpet place and cut them all into the appropriate size and compressed them down to like half the size of the original stack and with threaded bar and 2x4's and shoots into it just fine.

Back