Help! Pickup toppers

drahthaar

It appears Kalispell toppers has closed. I can't seem to find a dealer around here. What are the names of some of the better topper dealers in Bozeman, Missoula, Helena? Anybody have one they like or had good dealings with?

Craigslist. If you have time you'll save about half.

Get one with two handles on the hatch, and if your truck is low enough the side hatches are convenient.

drahthaar,
We just bought our 2005 Chev HD2500 and it came with a topper. Century brand (cab high), but now I am wondering. The mother weighs in a 214 lbs and when I will need to take it off to haul something I will have to find a neighbor to give me a hand, need a place to store it, and store it on what?
From what I have read, mileage will be a little (but not much) pulling a travel trailer. Many pros and cons to look at. What are you looking at one for? Keep stuff dry, clean, kind of safe, in your truck?

Always had a topper on my Ford. We bought a Toyota Tundra this winter, wife drives it mostly. With two kids and a few dogs we need one. Just to even put groceries from a trip to Costco without getting stuff stolen. I had a fiberglass Leer on the F150, was always able to get it on and off by myself with relative ease.
I know I am getting the two handles for sure, the one in the middle just ends up breaking.

I went to town today to order one, found out Kalispell Toppers has closed! What the flagnog?

Now, as far as I know there isn't a topper dealer in the flathead now. So I just wanted a couple places in Bozeman, I will be in town there Thursday and Thursday night. Or Missoula, cuz it's close, or Helena.

Just wasting some time searching. Man, not much in your neighborhood......

Auto Concepts/Helena for Century
Rainbow Auto/Bozeman for Leer

Have no clue about them though??????

Always had a topper on my Ford. We bought a Toyota Tundra this winter, wife drives it mostly. With two kids and a few dogs we need one. Just to even put groceries from a trip to Costco without getting stuff stolen. I had a fiberglass Leer on the F150, was always able to get it on and off by myself with relative ease.
I know I am getting the two handles for sure, the one in the middle just ends up breaking.

I went to town today to order one, found out Kalispell Toppers has closed! What the flagnog?

Now, as far as I know there isn't a topper dealer in the flathead now. So I just wanted a couple places in Bozeman, I will be in town there Thursday and Thursday night. Or Missoula, cuz it's close, or Helena.

When I bought my Tundra two summers ago I worked a topper in on the financing.They used Rainbow Auto Sales who provides Leer Toppers.Big Sky Toppers provided my lumber rack.So as far as I know Bozeman pretty much relies on the two companies for toppers.

Rainbow Auto sales is on the very East end of town,you can't miss it on the left just before the first stop light.Big Sky Toppers is out on Huffine Lane,the flip side of main street headed to four corners.(on the left).

I have bought a couple from Blue Ribbon Auto in Missoula over the last 10 years. They have been good to work with. I have been fond of the ARE toppers but was disappointed in the quality of the last one.

drahthaar,
We just bought our 2005 Chev HD2500 and it came with a topper. Century brand (cab high), but now I am wondering. The mother weighs in a 214 lbs and when I will need to take it off to haul something I will have to find a neighbor to give me a hand, need a place to store it, and store it on what?
From what I have read, mileage will be a little (but not much) pulling a travel trailer. Many pros and cons to look at. What are you looking at one for? Keep stuff dry, clean, kind of safe, in your truck?

Unless you're creative. Then you can do it by yourself. I bought two ceiling hanging bike racks from Wally-world. Mounted them to crossbeams in my garage. My Bronco topper is very heavy and I'm able to lift it by myself and it stores out of the way at the top of the garage. Might be something to consider for lifting and storing your topper.
Topper 1.jpg
Topper 2.jpg
Topper 3.jpg
Topper 4.jpg
What I have on my 2500 truck is the Bak-flip cover. It can hold 500lbs on the lid and even using the high pressure at the car wash doesn't get water inside of it. Easy to load big stuff in and with a tailgate lock, totally secures anything inside. I love this cover.
Bakflip.JPG

Thanks Ray. Have been considering something like that. If I could just get the bath remod crap out of my side of the garage.............

Ray well done on all counts.

I think the folding tonneau is the way to go on a pickup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back