Help finding the hands free sling Randy Newberg uses

I have the MR sling and haven’t liked it. I’ve adjusted it many times but haven’t had any luck with stoping the sling from leaving my shoulder while hiking. I’m going to try the Kifaru universal this year unless there are better options out there? I do love my MR Metcalf.

The Gun Bearer is the best option out there IMO. Been using it for about 20 years between the universal and the Kifaru specific one. If it's rolling on you then something isn't adjusted properly.

I use the Kifaru on my MR Sawtooth and the Kifaru universal on my Cabelas fanny pack that I use when I am hunting out of a blind.
I started using the Kifaru system when I started using trekking poles and needed a hands free carry system. The traditional slings I had been using just were not working for me.

Does anybody know where to purchase one of these universal Kifaru gun bearers? I can’t seem to find it in stock anywhere. Thanks in advance!

You can order from their site.

I have one and just ordered another. One of the most useful pieces of gear that I’ve bought.
Takes a couple of weeks to get it in the mail.

Does anybody know where to purchase one of these universal Kifaru gun bearers? I can’t seem to find it in stock anywhere. Thanks in advance!
You can only get Kifaru from Kifaru. They don't have anywhere that sells it for them. I think someplace tried doing it a few years ago but I haven't heard anything since.

The excitement you get when opening a box from Kifaru can become an addicting thing.

I have a HideAway "weapon carry accessory" I pulled out of a clearance bin years ago. I've never seen one before or since, but I don't think I paid more than $10 for it. It's designed a lot like the Gun Bearer and has been a very useful piece of equipment. The base of the device, where the butt of the rifle rests has elastic around the top, so the rifle really doesn't roll over in it the I hear it does in the Kifuru. I I ever found another one of these by HideAway, I'd probably buy a dozen.

You can order from their site.

I have one and just ordered another. One of the most useful pieces of gear that I’ve bought.
Takes a couple of weeks to get it in the mail.
Perfect, just saw that they came back in stock. Thank you!

My rifle fell out of my Kifaru gun bearer right onto the scope last year, more than likely because I didn't close it all the way. Made me a little leary of it, but its a great way to carry a rifle. Just be sure to triple check that its secured properly.

Finally got to use my kifaru gun bearer for the first time last week on a WY antelope hunt. It was great! Actually amazing! I live right down the road from their location so was able to go in and they stitched it up for me on the spot. Really cool experience.

Finally got to use my kifaru gun bearer for the first time last week on a WY antelope hunt. It was great! Actually amazing! I live right down the road from their location so was able to go in and they stitched it up for me on the spot. Really cool experience.
I wish they would open an actual store front of some sort, I've never been able to buy something on the spot, feels goofy to have to leave their shop, and go sit in my truck while I'm ordering their goods online.

You can only get Kifaru from Kifaru. They don't have anywhere that sells it for them. I think someplace tried doing it a few years ago but I haven't heard anything since.

The excitement you get when opening a box from Kifaru can become an addicting thing.
Black Ovis sells a bunch of kifaru stuff now. Currently out of the gun bearers tho

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back