Hello from Utah

RevJim

New guy here. Busy Pastor but try and find some time for Handloading/Hunting. I'm not a LRH, have made a handful of shots right at 375yds and that really stretched me! :) I try and work with one or, at most, two rifles at a time. If I want something new/different, I will sell/trade into it. I've been blessed with opportunities to hunt several States and 4 hunts for Plains Game...3 in South Africa and one in Namibia. I'm 67 now, I have several Titanium Joints, but I still get around. I love to read what others are working on, have hunted, etc Life is just a Vapor...I want to use up all MY Vapor, ha.

Sandy, Utah for me. I like Logan, but I seemed drawn to this area, way back in 1990. I'm a Native Texan, Army Vet 1971-73 Active Duty, Germany, then a couple years in the Texas Natl Guard. Oilfield worker until age 34 (1987), moved family to Broken Arrow, OK for Bible School. Graduated '89. Discovered I had several ruptured Low back discs, so went the Sawbones route, then left in June, 1990, been here ever since. Love it and the people. I also enjoy "Four Seasons", lol. Love this High Desert!

What areas do you hunt? I drew a tag for East Canyon last year and hunted (unsuccessfully) with 10,000 of my closest friends :oops:. This year I’m heading to Uintas to hopefully get away from the masses a bit.

Hey there Wildabeast- I have hunted on both sides of the Uintahs, Scofield area and between Moab/Monticello. I long ago stopped hunting on Public Hunts, preferring to draw ( or attempt to draw!) for the private land co-op hunts for antlerless everything. I've taken 3 cow elk and a pick up truck of mule deer and antelope does through the years. What do you hunt with, rifle, bow, ML? I just rifle hunt now, though I've done it all.

Mostly rifle, and always on public land. I put in for muzzleloader as my third choice this year. Bow hunted whitetails in OH as a kid, but that was a LONG time ago. I’d love to get back into, but just don’t have the time to get my skills back where they’d need to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back