Hello, Big Fin Randy could you talk to Howa about making a few Randy Newberg Signature Rifles in Left-Handed ?

I am the exact same way cross-eye dominant
For my boys, I've followed the eyes and so far so good. NERF guns allowed me to work on them getting used to holding 'guns' in the correct hand with lots of practice for cheap and convenient.

I know this is slightly different, but why are left-handed bows so much easier to find than rifles?

Because with the exception of a couple parts they are probably mostly the same. Why would the strings, pulleys and bow parts need to be different? Are they like the gun makers and charge more [usually 15-$25 more] for left hand versions?

Many are designed for gases to go down the bolt raceway and away from the shooter due to the bolt shroud, which would be into the face of a LH shooter shooting a RH rifle. Then there's there's the aspect of things going in front of your face as mentioned. I did buy a Ithaca 20ga for the boys to use, but they eject out the bottom.

Still you can/could get LH safties for Ithaca 37s.

I am the exact same way cross-eye dominant
I am a right handed person that shoots left handed, so does my Dad. The oldest of my three younger brothers is left handed but shoots right handed.
My first and long term rifle is a late 90s Savage M110 in .270. When I went shopping for another rifle in a 30 caliber especially .300 WSM it was tough to find LH aside from Tikka T3X in .300 WSM. I could find them in .308 LH in plenty manufacturers though. I did find a deal on a Savage M110 Long Range Hunter in .300 WSM (saved $300) but it’s right handed and I went with it and I have gotten use to in while working on load development. Now if I want a rifle and there’s a steal of a deal on it I won’t let which side the bolt is on affect my decision. But I definitely understand everyone’s situation is different especially with an injury etc...

I would really like for Browning to make some more of their limited edition x-bolt long-range hunter left-handed
Yes sir indeed that would be rather slick. I was looking at Browning too, mostly A-Bolt since that’s in my price range but also hoping to find that steal of a deal on an x-bolt in that one, the Western Hunter or of course the HC’s.
For my next rifle I wouldn’t mind getting a sub 6.5 lb rifle just to see what that’s like. My .270 is probably 7.5 lbs naked and my .300 WSM LRH is 8.4 lbs naked. Not sure what caliber yet, but probably 7mm-08, .308, .280 AI, or 6.5 PRC/CM.

Yes sir indeed that would be rather slick. I was looking at Browning too, mostly A-Bolt since that’s in my price range but also hoping to find that steal of a deal on an x-bolt in that one, the Western Hunter or of course the HC’s.
For my next rifle I wouldn’t mind getting a sub 6.5 lb rifle just to see what that’s like. My .270 is probably 7.5 lbs naked and my .300 WSM LRH is 8.4 lbs naked. Not sure what caliber yet, but probably 7mm-08, .308, .280 AI, or 6.5 PRC/CM.

That's my dilemma too, whether I want a real light mountain rifle or more long rage capable hunting rifle. Just got a new bowtech revolt x so I have a while to think before I could get one

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back