Hb 285

drahthaar

Am I reading that right, will 380 be open to unlimited archery tags for either sex elk? That place will get over-run and blown up completely, no?

I give up. I'm moving back to Virginia where I know I'm stuck sitting in a tree stand shooting mediocre whitetails (except on Sundays). At least my wife won't have to listen to me gripe and groan every night about this crap.

I'm coping by drinking heavily. Off for my third double Vodka and ginger ale.

It numbs the pain.

Representative Bill Harris (R-Mosby) - Archery elk outfitter in the Breaks and rancher.

HB 285 would go in to effect in 2012, and expire in 2014.

Bastards really are just playing around with season setting now.

If I weren't so excited about being able to hunt with my silencer and spear I'd be upset about the ruin of one of the top elk units in the state.

So this another stockgrower/outfitter driven bill. I am guessing they sell this one by saying they are increasing opportunity for all? Yet this legislature has effectively been decreasing opportunity with all these other antihunter bills. WTH???? Personal agendas, "what benefits me".

I know I will mostly never have drawn a tag there, but I did like the idea of having that LE area there with the potential for producing a record setter. Thinking about it, I suppose if you lived right in that area, you might think this a great bill, being able to smack a toad in your backyard. But I think it will be shortlived, it will get over hunted in short order. Even the bulls that head for private land.

What about the Bear's Paw districts. Are they getting opened up to unlimited either sex archery?

How does a guy like Harris get put on the FWP committee anyway?
This guy is a nut job pissed at all hunters for voting for 161 is all I can guess.
Branding bison like cattle, mountain lions as predators, re-establish guaranteed outfitters licenses and unlimited archery tags in special draw areas, wow!!

Drath - all LE districts for archery will be affected.

Angels - To get put on a committee, you have to show interest, and have the approval of leadership.

Currently, there are 2 outfitters on the House FWP committee.

BTW - Rep Harris ran unopposed last election.

Ben- do you know if Rep. Harris disclosed a conflict of interest before voting yes on Rep. Washburn's archery bill (HB361)? Will be interesting to hear if Harris discloses a conflict of interest on his own bill, which I see is scheduled for second reading today. He was asked in the Committee hearing if he would and he said yes.

So..where is this bill at exactly? Has it passed? Done deal? Can the Gov. still veto?

What about the LE units that were archery and then carried on into rifle..like 310?

Am I reading that right, will 380 be open to unlimited archery tags for either sex elk? That place will get over-run and blown up completely, no?

That's not how Rep. Harris is portraying it. He says the bill's requirement that those who draw one of the unlimited permits can only hunt elk during archery season in that district (can't archery elk hunt anywhere else in the state) will address the crowding issue.:confused:

This session has unfornately made me half embarrassed to be a Montanan. I can't even believe that some poeple have the nerve to suggest such crap. Not just this bill but most other bills as well.........

That's not how Rep. Harris is portraying it. He says the bill's requirement that those who draw one of the unlimited permits can only hunt elk during archery season in that district (can't archery elk hunt anywhere else in the state) will address the crowding issue.:confused:

He obviously has no idea how many people will apply for that tag, even though they can't hunt elsewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back