PEAX Equipment

HB 161 Swamp the hills with NR licenses!

Why the heartburn w/ hound hunting for bears? I personally do not see anything wrong w/ it...but could change my mind for a good set of reasons.

Committee members cited conflict with other user groups and overwhelming opposition by locals in their districts.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys that make that trip to Helena and fight on our behalf. We don't always agree on this site but I for one appreciate all your efforts. It's easy to sit at a computer and complain but much more impressive acting on those ideas like you all do.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys that make that trip to Helena and fight on our behalf. We don't always agree on this site but I for one appreciate all your efforts. It's easy to sit at a computer and complain but much more impressive acting on those ideas like you all do.

Agreed. Thanks fellas. Tell Shoots to spit out his gum when on camera.:D

Couple of serious questions, and I promise not to drop an f bomb, and I'm not wanting to argue. Just want to better understand how this works in MT as it doesn't make sense to me as this tag # increase defies basic supply/demand economics.

What exactly is FWP in charge of if they have "little or nothing" to do with things like setting big game objective #'s, big game tag pricing, or the number of big game tags issued?

Is it primarily MT politicians and MT voters that make those decisions instead of FWP biologists for example?

The FWP is authorized through the Legislature, which means the Legislature can pretty much trump it when it so wishes as long as it doesn't violate separation of powers.

Exactly how the long of a leash the Legislature wants to give the FWP at any given time is...fluid...to say the least. In theory, everything could be controlled by acts of the Legislature, with the exception of actual enforcement of the laws. In reality, the Legislature would be too bogged down in minutae if it chose to do so.

That is essentially the greater debate: how much time should the legislature spend micro-managing the FWP and how well-qualified are legislators to be making decisions that (should) depend on biology

Last edited:
Do you think they would look badly on me if I took rotten veggies and tossed them at old MR. "Blood Bath" next time?

Keep your powder dry, we've got 3 more months to go. ;)

Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk, my niece called from Afghanistan, and I thought I should take that call. How did the rest of the hearing go?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back