Having good credit is now frowned upon

millerkiller77

So I guess it's time to go finance some cars and make bad life decisions to get my credit under 740. Am I missing something in this article that logically explains why a responsible person with good credit is being penalized?

Edit, apparently being fiscally responsible is racist or unfair to stupid people.

I'm open to suggestions on how to drop my credit score 70+ points so I can avoid paying higher rates on any future real estate transactions.

This is great for me! 😂😂
In all seriousness it dropped my rate from 2.75 to 1.5 and raised yours from 0.25 to 0.375?? That seems like not much penalty on you and a big help for folks still building that prime score. Still, I understand why that could be unfair.

This is great for me! 😂😂
In all seriousness it dropped my rate from 2.75 to 1.5 and raised yours from 0.25 to 0.375?? That seems like not much penalty on you and a big help for folks still building that prime score. Still, I understand why that could be unfair.
I'm glad you're rate dropped and truly hope it benefits you financially. Squirrel away that savings for when you sell/expand holdings and get penalties for being a responsible homeowner.

Lenders with good credit will pay about $40 more a month to subsidize those with lower credit. Another example of punishing responsible people and rewarding those with bad behavior.
Food stamps/ ebt for real estate. I'm fine with it, hopefully all these subsidized rates go to the new 40 year mortgage recipients.

So I guess it's time to go finance some cars and make bad life decisions to get my credit under 740. Am I missing something in this article that logically explains why a responsible person with good credit is being penalized?

Edit, apparently being fiscally responsible is racist or unfair to stupid people.

I'm open to suggestions on how to drop my credit score 70+ points so I can avoid paying higher rates on any future real estate transactions.

Max out your credit cards and allow your debts to go to collections.

Wasn't there an issue maybe 15 years ago or so where folks with poor credit were incentivized by banks to get them homes they most likely could not afford. Seem to recall it went badly. I'm sure this plan will go much better.

Wasn't there an issue maybe 15 years ago or so where folks with poor credit were incentivized by banks to get them homes they most likely could not afford. Seem to recall it went badly. I'm sure this plan will go much better.
Not exactly. Banks were incentivized by Government to give folks with poor credit a loan.

Back