Hanging a Euro Mount

stretch

I recently killed my first white tail buck and am waiting to get the Euro mount back. Anybody have good hardware mounting ideas for getting it hung flush up on the wall without a pedestal type back?

I have used the Skull Hooker bracket and for my last euro, I bought a wooden plaque mount (sits at about a 45 angel and looks great). Simple internet search will pull up tons of ideas.

Something like this works very well, especially if you can bend the hanger to change angles. I had a buddy with a plasma cutter make me a whole bunch one time.

5E9D1DF7-EB0F-4DAF-B1D4-B7DF55AD4BA9.jpeg
I have a deer hung like this. Just a couple little hooks. All the others are just sitting on top of my kitchen cabinets.

1571935662563.png

Get one of these and some light weight wire, some of the kits come with wire. Feed the wire through the back of the skull and make a loop and hang it on one of the hooks.

The 3 holes will do an elk, the 1 and 2s are good for deer.

1571935791453.png
1571935809147.png
1571935845521.png

I prefer the Dead on Display hangers. Extremely solid and you don't see a bunch of hardware. I do think they are a little overpriced.

I took a clear zip tie through the back of the skull and hooked it on a small nail in the wall at a 45 degree angle. you can see it from the side but its as simple as it gets.

If you are talking about only the skull and not a plaque, then there are some commercial hangers that work well. Another option that works, as long as you did not cut off the back of the skull, is to just put a screw into the wall at an upward angle. Hang the skull on the screw. It works as well as any commercial hanger, but the hole into the back of the skull must have been removed between the vertebrae and not just cut off flat.

Back