Great Social Media posts?

Unfortunately while we still have a local paper, it was sold to a national "family owned" company, and has since tanked HARD. The only saving grace is that they still allow the previous publisher to run the opinion section, so we do get good editorials.

It used to be a thing. I had my pic in the local paper with my first deer. They made sure to point out that I gave the buck a sporting chance by killing it with the 3rd shot. :rolleyes:
Look what I found...the original social media. I'm not too proud to make fun of myself.

IMG_4460.JPG

My stepdad killed this buck a couple of days later.

Clintbuck.jpg

Here's 14 year old me me packing out his hind quarters pre- Stone Glacier/Mystery Ranch. Even at that young age it didn't take long to realize that carrying is easier than dragging. Unfortunately I dragged a lot more out of the hills before coming around completely.

DeerCarry.jpg

Look what I found...the original social media. I'm not too proud to make fun of myself.

Here's 14 year old me me packing out his hind quarters pre- Stone Glacier/Mystery Ranch. Even at that young age it didn't take long to realize that carrying is easier than dragging. Unfortunately I dragged a lot more out of the hills before coming around completely.

View attachment 205628
Well well well, if it’s not cam Haines’ inspiration.

We have 2 weekly papers. One is free and gets delivered to our mail every Tuesday. The other one is on Wednesdays and is 1.50$ a week. I write a monthly column for the one.
The Catron Courier was our county free paper for years and run by my neighbors. Alas they are retiring the paper this month. Sad. But hey they earned a break and are also retiring from their EMS jobs here.

We still have an actual paper newspaper in central MN as well. My wife subscribes to it. They also post deer pics and fish pics
What is the name of that local paper? I live in Central MN and our local paper is still pretty good and the hunting and outdoors section is really good. @Walkathon

View attachment 205626

My stepdad killed this buck a couple of days later.

View attachment 205627

View attachment 205628
What was your hunt purity score?

The Catron Courier was our county free paper for years and run by my neighbors. Alas they are retiring the paper this month. Sad. But hey they earned a break and are also retiring from their EMS jobs here.
I talk with the editor of one of our local papers occasionally. I don’t envy his job. In the small town people either love him or hate him and sometimes their feelings change from page to page.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back