Great Social Media posts?

Yup. The cutoff lines obviously are abstract but people misjudge where they lie all the same.

Kids in HS and college today are Gen Z, not millennials. (Just one example.)

You old boomers think us millennials are weird, wait til you start working with zoomers.
Bro youre engaged to a zoomer.

I can’t imagine going to that length to kill a turkey, but I’m sure it was all a “stunt” for likes, followers and sponsors. I’ve got a couple nice decoys and I don’t think I’ve ever killed a bird with them set up

Actually its called "reaping" and yes people do it.

Seems like a horrible idea to me personally

Actually its called "reaping" and yes people do it.

Seems like a horrible idea to me personally
You guys hammer those who shoot game from 1500 yards and now a bunch of you are hammering a cool concept to decoy game into extremely close range for very clean quick headshot kills....just can't win with the crowd.

Under no serious scenario is this an unsafe method in the spring turkey woods unless of course it's two drunk dudes both thinking they are reaping each other!

You guys hammer those who shoot game from 1500 yards and now a bunch of you are hammering a cool concept to decoy game into extremely close range for very clean quick headshot kills....just can't win with the crowd.

Under no serious scenario is this an unsafe method in the spring turkey woods unless of course it's two drunk dudes both thinking they are reaping each other!
Dominant turkeys have no other response than to challenge a fan. Reaping is no more sporting than shooting a roosted bird out of a tree. And turkey hunting is absolutely one where the methods you use to hunt them matter a bunch. Safety related or not, I hope that reaping has a very short life span. Theres a lot of research being done on the impact of removing dominant birds early in the breeding season that even some of the slowest moving SE states seem to be buying into.

Dominant turkeys have no other response than to challenge a fan. Reaping is no more sporting than shooting a roosted bird out of a tree. And turkey hunting is absolutely one where the methods you use to hunt them matter a bunch. Safety related or not, I hope that reaping has a very short life span. Theres a lot of research being done on the impact of removing dominant birds early in the breeding season that even some of the slowest moving SE states seem to be buying into.
Lol you're funny. You make it sound like all a hunter has to do is put up a fan and they will come running right to you... it's still turkey hunting and nothing ever goes as planned regardless of what you do

Respectfully disagree. Turkey hunting is historically one of if not the most dangerous forms of hunting in terms of firearms injuries (close range, decoys, multiple projectile weapons, calling, camouflaged hunters). Putting a target on your head that looks like a male turkey is certainly not going to decrease the risk profile.

Example from my home town paper

Lol you're funny. You make it sound like all a hunter has to do is put up a fan and they will come running right to you... it's still turkey hunting and nothing ever goes as planned regardless of what you do
It might be a great way to kill a turkey but it's not turkey hunting to me. You do what you want with your tag on your land, but I hope more states follow SC's rule changes. I guess I'll stop derailing this thread now.

Under every serious scenario? Let me put a turkey decoy on my head and crawl around I'm the tall grass. During turkey season. It's like standing on the yellow line to look at cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keller889
Back