Caribou Gear

Gran Canaria = Montana Elk hunt!

devon deer

That worked well, just got back from a very hot Gran Canaria, had to be done, part of my deal with the wife, take her on vacation to somewhere hot for a week of R&R and i get to go back to Montana later this year to try again for an Elk.

It actually wasn't too bad, some very nice sights of the island (including some topless ladies!) great hotel and food, but at the end of the day no hunting and too much lying around in the sun, but my ears pricked up when i heard there was archery and rifle shooting as an activity!
I dropped by for the archery, 15 yard target, recurve bow with no sights or arrow rest, and i won the competition, i was informed the unhappy German couple had not been beaten in 3 months, yes 3 months staying in the same hotel!
Next day rifle shooting, as expected it was with .177 air rifles, same result, i creamed it, very unhappy German!
So i thought i would get the wife involved, the only other female was the Germans wife, a quick bit of tuition and i couldn't believe it, my wife beat her, the German threw her scorecard in the bin in disgust, mumbled something and stormed off, are all Germans poor sports?
I did feel a little sorry for the guy as when he was about to take a shot a very lively Italian 'coughed' on purpose which all added to the fun.
And why do they reserve sun beds with towels at dawn when there are plenty to go around?
An eye opener for me!

Just hope i get my tag now.

Cheers

Richard

Sounds as if you and your bride stole their thunder Richard, taking the edge off their feeling of superiority; shame on you. I could use some of that heat and sun just now; 28F here this early morning and more to follow tomorrow night.
Good luck with the tag. RT

And once again Britannia finishes what the Jerry's started.

Also - we need pictures. :)

You still live in NC?:D
Was down to 40F this morning at 5:00 here.

Sounds as if you and your bride stole their thunder Richard, taking the edge off their feeling of superiority; shame on you. I could use some of that heat and sun just now; 28F here this early morning and more to follow tomorrow night.
Good luck with the tag. RT

Sounds like a good trade off. Take a vacation with the wife and get an adventure for yourself. Win, win situation there…..but…...No pics = didn't happen!

I have just sealed the deal on just such an arrangement with my Household 6 as well. This May will be our 20th so we are going to Eleuthra for a week. This will be the first vacation sans ankle-biters in 15 years :) as a result I am putting in for four different hunts for me and two for the boy (RFW cow, buck mulie, RFW doe prongy and OTC WT doe for me and RFW cow and draw mulie doe for the boy). I am DEFINITELY getting the better of the bargain as I have no aversion to the beach either!1 :) pic of the house we are renting below
Richard, the Germans definittely holiday with a "purpose". When I was stationed in Italy we would occasionally have unit functions (retreats) at Lake Garda. Man, if it was anywhere NEAR summer you heard more German than Italian around the entire lake. The towel thing is crazy. I suppose they want "the" spot to worship the sun. The only thing more entertaining than that was watching the Dutch with all of their caravans flooding the Autostrada or watching your countrymen go all out at Oktoberfest :) It is funny how we all travel differently.

Attachments

• 1st.jpg
    1st.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 352
I can't believe you want photo's, don't you trust me?!:D
Before anyone says it, i will have lost my 'gut' by the time i do my Elk hunt!

The certificates!

The sand dunes on the South of the Island near where we stayed (click on pic for video clip)

Cheers
Richard

call me old fashioned but I'm pretty sure he was looking for the "topless ladies" photos ;)

Cool... My wife loves that sun/beach stuff, our 10 year this year and wants too go back too Hawaii, I can go on a lot of DIY hunts for what it costs too go there for a week....:D
Matt

Cool... My wife loves that sun/beach stuff, our 10 year this year and wants too go back too Hawaii, I can go on a lot of DIY hunts for what it costs too go there for a week....:D
Matt

kill two birds with the one stone
plenty of good hunting in hawaii,,lanai is great

It will be hard to beat Richard's diploma in carbina and arc. Well done.

Back