My favorite future hunting buddy.

• Thread starter Deleted member 48080
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48080

A couple years ago my family received their first new member in a very long time. She's an absolute treasure, and my day is always immensely better when I get to see her.

My brother and his wife have already taken her on an insane amount of road trips and camping adventures. She's seen more of Montana in her three years than most people get to in their entire life.

When I killed a buck this year, I couldn't wait to swing by and show Avary. She loved seeing it, and was disappointed it was too cold in the garage for her to stay and help skin it.

20231122_190327.jpg

Earlier this week, Avary's mom lost her battle with Cancer. Stephanie was an incredible mother to Avary and wife to my brother, and by far the toughest human I've ever met. She fought her illness with a tenacity I will likely never see again in my life.

I hate to post stuff like this publicly, but I know how many of you have spent time with Barry over the years, and this seemed the most appropriate place to share this terrible news.

That is heartbreaking, Randy. Let Barry know how much the crew cares about him and Avary. Same to your parents. I know all of you are going to get a lot of continued joy from having Avary as part of the clan.

Thanks for the support everyone, I truly appreciate it.
It's been a rough go for a while, and I'm sure it'll continue to be so.

This was stephs last deer, a memory I will cherish forever.

Attachments

• 20211017_183930.jpg
    20211017_183930.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
Rough / Challenging. I'm so sorry. A great young gal surrounded by love! Prayers with you, Barry and all affected.

This is heart wrenching news. My prayers and condolences go out to Barry, you and both families to have the strength to get through this difficult time. Surly Avary is going to need a lot of love and support that I know the Hodges family will provide.

I'm very sorry Randy, that is incredibly tough. My deepest condolences to Barry and Avery. I'm glad they have you and Katie to help them through this.

This is heart wrenching. So sorry to hear another child and husband lose the mom.
Two local auto fatalities where the mom was lost and the kid survived in the last week

Wishing your family all the strength to manage this difficult time.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back