Gps?

jggreg4

My wife recently purchased a Garmin Etrek 20 GPS for my birthday. I have never used a GPS but shouldn't be to hard to figure it out. I was thinking about installing the Topo 24K or Nat. Geo SD cards. Does anyone use these or have any suggestions. Is there one better than another? I will be heading up to New Mexico soon and wanted to try it out. Thanks...

I have a Garmin Oregon 450t and was disappointed with the standard level of topo detail so I added the Garmin 24k map for my area and I really like it. I haven't tried or seen the Nat. Geo. but I would guess it's just as good. I'm very happy that I added the 24k topo detail.

I would use the 24K topo then create my own custom map from a tiff image of the National fForest and overlay it. Then you'll have everything you need. You could also add the land ownership maps from the guys in MT if you hunt near private.

I would add, the download option would seem to be a better option as you can ul/dl waypoints and tracks to/from the PC/garmin as well as make your own chips for just the area you want (so I was told by the hunting gps guy).

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back