Yeti GOBOX Collection

Fun hunt

phutch30

With time spent taking my son out hunting, trying to find a decent bull for myself and some buddies coming out for the last week, I wasn't planning on doing much if any deer hunting myself. Got lucky and opportunity presented. Hunt went like this.... Driving in from glassing elk on veterans day...I spot 5 bucks chasing a doe in a restricted weapons area.. throw up the binos.....hmmm ones a decent one...watch them to see if they will bed down in the open or go into the willows... they bed in a perfect place for a sneak.....I figure I would run home and grab the scoped shotgun.....get home and crap...put the scope back on said shotgun...look for ammo without any luck....go buy ammo...run up to the rifle range to re-sight shotgun in with new ammo... run back to where I saw them and hope he was still bedded with the doe...he was....now I need to find someone to drop me off for the stalk...couple calls...Thanks Austin....belly crawl 500yds...forgot about the 30 foot wide slough that bisects the section...decide at this point I will swim the slough...rethink the swim part and wade belly button deep...and to be fair the water was only about 12",the mud was 3' feet deep ....crawl up the other bank and see I'm 100yds off...crawl wet through canada thistle and hounds tongue...till I'm where I think I want to be.. take a peek...works out I'm about 50 yds from him, 4 other bucks and a REAL popular doe... I can see the top of his shoulders, neck and head sticking out of the grass....roll up on my shooting sticks...whistle a few times to try to get him to stand...no go... but get the rapt attention of the doe ....figure shes outa here any sec...if she bolts hes outa here to ....so shoot him in his bed....fun morning. Nice 130's 5x5..bad pic

downsized_1111161123.jpg

Last edited:
You sir, were a man on a mission! I bet you were really glad that going through all that he was courteous enough to have stayed in the neighborhood.

Wow, you did more in a couple hours than alot of guys do to prepare all season, glad you were rewarded for your efforts!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuckyDraw
Back