Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ft Carson Elk Hunting Help Needed

You wouldn't be hosed. Fort Carson is OTC for 3rd rifle, and in Colorado an OTC tag is valid for all units in the state that are open for that season. It would be wise to have an additional unit picked out to hunt if Fort Carson closes for whatever reason.

I didn't realize the OTC tag was good in any OTC unit, I thought it was only good in the unit you asked for. Thank you!! Looks like I might go for 591 on Ft Carson and head to 82 if it doesn't work out.

I havent hunted Fort Carson but I do hunt Fort Bragg a lot. I'm assuming Fort Carson has a similar process to Bragg where you have to attend a safety briefing and orientation before they will issue you a permit. Just make sure you factor that into your timeline as well and verify what days and times they give those. At Bragg, the classes are only offered twice a week and they can fill up fast especially right before season opens. Also dont trust the times listed on the website, I'd call the office and ask someone as with everything in the military things change fast and they are slow to update the website. I'd hate to hear you drove all that way just to find out the class you planned on was full or cancelled so you couldnt get a permit.

The safety brief is online now and you just have to take a quiz. Much easier than Bragg or Sill!!

Well we are talking about ft carson and elk sooo i dunno where sill and campbell come into the mix

Doing a quick google search Fort Sill does have a limited entry elk hunt. You are correct that this forum post started about hunting elk on Fort Carson and is an elk central forum to begin with. It went a few different directions and a number of military post have been brought up along the way. I was simply letting a fellow hunter know that there is great hunting to be had on Fort Campbell. I assume by your screen name that you are an infantrymen stationed on Fort Carson that just left Fort Campbell who understands that it is our right as Americans to say whatever we want. That is why I brought Fort Campbell into the mix. We are all hunters here so might as well try and keep it positive and helpful. Please send a PM if you would care to discuss this further.

RLTW

Just relax folks, it's all good! I'm all for being helpful and for others helping me w/ hunting (I'm completely new to Western hunting and still relatively new to hunting in general) as I need all the assistance I can get! ;)

Back