Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

From Brews to Bourbons: Drinks to Avoid.

Literally the worst beverage I’ve ever tasted. I was gifted a 6er and couldn’t finish a bottle. I made pumpkin beer bread with one bottle and pretty sure it ruined the bread. The last four sat in my drink fridge for a couple years. Even my freeloading family wouldn’t drink them. Threw them out when I moved in 2021.

IMG_4819.jpeg

I was in the gas station - a Town Pump, naturally - picking up a few things when this cheery fellow caught my eye.

NV-Hidden-Legend-Wild-Chokecherry-Mead-750-mL-0.jpg

Mead is really hit or miss - miss, mostly. But here is this fellow, horns on helmet, arms crossed, satisfied smile...

This guy, this guy is a guy I want to know, a guy who, surely, drinks this mead he is sponsoring with gusto - mead made in Montana - from the horn of a bighorn ram, a ram no doubt killed in the unlimiteds, probably by thrown spear. How can anyone look upon this legend and think different?

So, a bottle of this surely legendary chokecherry mead came home with me.

Wild-Chokecherry-Mead-1 (2).jpeg

My excitement was indescribable. This night - that night? - I was going to toast the gods. Raise my horn in mirth shouting, 'Skål!', to the heavens.

As day turned to dusk, the horn was filled and a sip was taken...

...a sip of disappointment. A more disgusting draught never passing my lips before that day nor from that day forth, I cursed this seemingly-jolly promoter of - nay, liar!, con-artist! - such a vile brew.

Never again.

Any beer brewed by Sprecher Brewery in M'waukee. Sodas and lemonade are to die for, but after 20 years of trying to stomach any of their brews I haven't found one I like. FWIW, "cold and wet" and "somebody else's" are my two faves, and I'm not picky.

I drank a cold smoke once with a full on alcoholic and he said whoever developed that beer must have been full on hammered. It was the only cold beer I ever poured out.

beer-1220854_d057d_sm.jpeg

I like some sours. This is not one of them.

I was in the gas station - a Town Pump, naturally - picking up a few things when this cheery fellow caught my eye.

View attachment 286231

Mead is really hit or miss - miss, mostly. But here is this fellow, horns on helmet, arms crossed, satisfied smile...

This guy, this guy is a guy I want to know, a guy who, surely, drinks this mead he is sponsoring with gusto - mead made in Montana - from the horn of a bighorn ram, a ram no doubt killed in the unlimiteds, probably by thrown spear. How can anyone look upon this legend and think different?

So, a bottle of this surely legendary chokecherry mead came home with me.

View attachment 286232

My excitement was indescribable. This night - that night? - I was going to toast the gods. Raise my horn in mirth shouting, 'Skål!', to the heavens.

As day turned to dusk, the horn was filled and a sip was taken...

...a sip of disappointment. A more disgusting draught never passing my lips before that day nor from that day forth, I cursed this seemingly-jolly promoter of - nay, liar!, con-artist! - such a vile brew.

Never again.
Try the honey one it’s good 😂😂

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriel Knight
Back