For the Griz fans

Wyoming, I may be a child rooting against any OK team, but your whole post is ignorant. Nobody ever claimed that the athletic quality of the FCS was as good as the FBS. You can continue to move on down the scale. Division 2 teams aren't as good as FCS, and 3 are even worse. Your walking around with a 2 x 10 on your shoulder looking for a fight. In Montana we stay in the smaller sub division so our kids have a chance to play ball and get scholarships for school. You do know that the FCS gives out less, RIGHT? If we moved up, less Montana kids would be playing. In no time though we would be kicking OK ass, just as Boise did. Some Montana boys aren't playing FCS, they moved right on up to the FBS. Brock Osweiler from Kalispell went to Arizona State, and will go into the NFL draft this year. Another kid from Montana with outstanding athletic ability is Miller from Helena, He broke records for a freshman receiver at Boise State this year. Remember Montana is a state with less than a Million people to choose from. For our numbers, and resources, we play a high caliber of football. Hope that doesn't threaten your dominance.

Ok State got their ass whipped by Stanford, 3 field goals missed by a freshman kicker gave those low life's the win.

This was about not believing 3-4 players on the nd st defense are NFL bound.

I am aware of the competition level in college football. You are the one who doesn't believe the facts/draft numbers.

This has nothing to do with me bragging about ok state. You seem to take this really personally. Ok state low lifes? You seem to dislike Oklahoma, I hope I played a part in that. Since all the facts back me up I guess the personal attack is your last resort?

If playing in lesser leagues and playing small bible schools keeps the level of competition where local kids can play that's fine. Just Don't talk about how you are better than other schools who play tougher competition.

Ramon Humber, Craig Dahl and Joe Mays all played on the same defense at NDSU and are all employed by NFL teams as I type this. Mays and Dahl are starters. That was an AWESOME defense and our D now may be better (as a unit). I would say three off of the current defense is a stretch with two a distinct possibility. It can and has happened. I don't ever expect that NDSU will have as many kids playing on Sunday as BCS teams.

I've yet to read where someone has claimed that NDSU or Montana is better than BCS schools, however I would argue that the disparity in talent between high level FCS schools and most non-BCS schools is not that great. Making the claim that good FCS teams could be competitive with a middle of the road WAC team isn't a presposterous statement. When I show that my team has played well against the FBS opponents we've faced, you simply disparage the teams (not acknowlegding obvious edges in recruiting and schollies). We book these games years in advance, you can't blame us for beating bad representatives of FBS. We play Colorado State next year, Kansas State in 2013, and Iowa State in 2014.. who knows how good those teams will be.

I would also argue that the playoff system is better. Who knows maybe with a playoff OK State could have won their first footall national championship... whether I like OK State or not (which I kind of do actually), I would have liked to have seen them be able to prove it on the field against the Bama's and LSU's of the world.

Despite you claiming no one cares, it's obvious there are few Griz and Bobcat fans around this board... I was needling them, get over it.

Oak- The ice sucks, archery season is closed and I don't want to argue Mitt vs. Newt, this is at least a fairly inocuous discussion.... unless perhaps we can blame it on Peay.

Oak- The ice sucks, archery season is closed and I don't want to argue Mitt vs. Newt, this is at least a fairly inocuous discussion.... unless perhaps we can blame it on Peay.
That would be preferable, and likely possible. ;) Carry on.....

Im a '96 Grad from NDSU, was ice fishing Lake of the Woods for walleyes, had game on Satellite, and of course a barley pop in hand to cheer them on!

I agree that the mt schools and nd st would do fine in the WAC.

Colo st, Kansas st, and Iowa st. That is going to be tough. Expect some sec type talent to show up with the new coaching staff in ft Collins. K state will be tough and that qb from Iowa st who beat osu will be a senior I think and that program is headed in the right direction.

Playoff system is better. Not sure how to make it work in fbs. Not sure I believe ok st would beat Bama or LSU but I would have liked to see someone else Oregon, Boise st, Stanford get a chance. This is the first year a sec team lost the national championship in quite a while.

Wyoming556- On current NFL rosters, it looks like the University of Montana has 8 current players...2 made it to the pro bowl last year and 1 was named the special teams player of the year for the Eagles this year. Currently OSU has 13. I'm not sure that is huge desparity of NFL talent...it goes without saying Oklahoma State does have a much better football program. The University of Montana isn't set up to compete at that level...my hope is that they never do. There seems to be too many problems at that level...money = corruption.

Dont wanna stir the pot too much but we must remeber that OSU is a program on the rise. Recently recieved a huge donation from a booster for facilities and scholarships. We are starting to see the effects of this and the program, seen in the caliber of recruits they are pullin in compared to 5 years ago, is growing. In 2 or 3 years they will be in the mix every year. They got cheated out of the National Championship (now we know it was for the right reasons) but they are that good. Gonna be fun to watch!

Dont wanna stir the pot too much but we must remeber that OSU is a program on the rise. Recently recieved a huge donation from a booster for facilities and scholarships. We are starting to see the effects of this and the program, seen in the caliber of recruits they are pullin in compared to 5 years ago, is growing. In 2 or 3 years they will be in the mix every year. They got cheated out of the National Championship (now we know it was for the right reasons) but they are that good. Gonna be fun to watch!

Ok state will never be a big program even with t boone money. It's a small school that will never put people in the stands like USC, Texas, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio st, Oklahoma. Our enrollment is less than 25 thousand compared to 50 for big schools. Heck Colorado st is the same size as ok st. Hopefully one of the newer programs will win a national championship soon. Oregon, Boise, Kansas st, Tcu.
As the PAC 12 continues to market it's programs to china it's just a matter of time until the money will start flowing in. I expect to see a program benefit from the PAC strategy to market itself overseas. Lots more billionares across the pond.

And yes that was the point about the sec losing the national championship.

Im thinking ohio st will win one in the next few years. The recruits just keep piling In for the chance to play for urban.

Last edited:
Ok state will never be a big program even with t boone money. It's a small school that will never put people in the stands like USC, Texas, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio st, Oklahoma. Our enrollment is less than 25 thousand compared to 50 for big schools. Heck Colorado st is the same size as ok st. Hopefully one of the newer programs will win a national championship soon. Oregon, Boise, Kansas st, Tcu.
As the PAC 12 continues to market it's programs to china it's just a matter of time until the money will start flowing in. I expect to see a program benefit from the PAC strategy to market itself overseas. Lots more billionares across the pond.

And yes that was the point about the sec losing the national championship.

Im thinking ohio st will win one in the next few years. The recruits just keep piling In for the chance to play for urban.[/QUOTE

Your point about it being too small of a school is inaccurate though. Ok States enrollment is 23,500 and their stadium seats 60,000. Now lets look at Oregon, Boise State, Kansas State, TCU, and Colorado

Oregon: Enrollment - 23,000 Capacity - 54,000
Boise State: Enrollment - 20,000 Capacity - 33,500
Kansas State: Enrollment - 23,800 Capacity - 52,000
TCU: Enrollment - 9,500 Capacity - 50,000
Colorado: Enrollment - 30,000 Capacity - 53,000

Theyre bigger than most of these programs. Sure they arent THE Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, OU, or an SEC school but all those programs have been dominant forces forever. OSU is just starting to pick up speed (as you stated because of T. Boone Pickens) and I see them being in contention with the powerhouse above in the years to come.

Oregon: Enrollment - 23,000 Capacity - 54,000
Boise State: Enrollment - 20,000 Capacity - 33,500
Kansas State: Enrollment - 23,800 Capacity - 52,000
TCU: Enrollment - 9,500 Capacity - 50,000
Colorado: Enrollment - 30,000 Capacity - 53,000

Theyre bigger than most of these programs. Sure they arent THE Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, OU, or an SEC school but all those programs have been dominant forces forever. OSU is just starting to pick up speed (as you stated because of T. Boone Pickens) and I see them being in contention with the powerhouse above in the years to come.

Since this thread is getting a bit to lovey... Buckeye, where would you throw Nevada in with that group?

I'm not sure you read that right. I said ok state was way smaller than USC, Texas, Ohio st, etc. I also said they were the same size as Colorado st not Colorado. Never compared the size of Oregon tcu Kansas st to Oklahoma st, just stated that i would like to see one of them win a championship.

Since this thread is getting a bit to lovey... Buckeye, where would you throw Nevada in with that group?

I dont really follow the WAC or Mountain West. I will say though that they wont be in the discussion until they can put together a decent schedule. Boise did it so i guess its possible.

I'm not sure you read that right. I said ok state was way smaller than USC, Texas, Ohio st, etc. I also said they were the same size as Colorado st not Colorado. Never compared the size of Oregon tcu Kansas st to Oklahoma st, just stated that i would like to see one of them win a championship.

My bad on the Colorado State. My point was that if you have hope that any of those programs might win a championship, which are smaller than Ok State, then your point that OK State is too small to compete isnt correct.

My bad on the Colorado State. My point was that if you have hope that any of those programs might win a championship, which are smaller than Ok State, then your point that OK State is too small to compete isnt correct.

Never said we couldn't compete. Again read what i wrote. It says we will never put people in the stands like the big programs USC, Texas, Ohio st, Oklahoma. We have trouble putting 60 thousand in the stands during a great season. The big programs can put 90 thousand in the seats during a mediocre year. Same problem as these other new football programs like tcu, Boise, Oregon, Kansas st face as they try to become an elite program with less resources than the big programs.

Never said we couldn't compete. Again read what i wrote. It says we will never put people in the stands like the big programs USC, Texas, Ohio st, Oklahoma. We have trouble putting 60 thousand in the stands during a great season. The big programs can put 90 thousand in the seats during a mediocre year. Same problem as these other new football programs like tcu, Boise, Oregon, Kansas st face as they try to become an elite program with less resources than the big programs.

I dont see what that has to do with them not being bale to win a championship or be an elite team. As you stated, Boise State is considered an elite team by many and they have one of the smallest markets in college football. Oregon isnt as big but its the Phil Knight Nike Test Lab and has almost all of Nikes money and research going into it. T. Boone can be OSUs Phil Knight. Watching how OSU butt raped OU im pretty certain theyll hang with best

I dont see what that has to do with them not being bale to win a championship or be an elite team. As you stated, Boise State is considered an elite team by many and they have one of the smallest markets in college football. Oregon isnt as big but its the Phil Knight Nike Test Lab and has almost all of Nikes money and research going into it. T. Boone can be OSUs Phil Knight. Watching how OSU butt raped OU im pretty certain theyll hang with best

Dude you just keep making stuff up. I never said anything about osu not being able to win a championship or be elite. I said they will not put people in the stands like USC, Texas, Ohio st, etc. That's the third time I have typed that same information for you so if you still don't understand i can't help you. Seriously you need to read before you type. No fun typing the same stuff over and over because you can't read.

By the way ok state has won plenty of national championships. Top 5 in the nation and best in the big 12.

Ok state will never be a big program even with t boone money.

This is what you said. Im arguing that statement is wrong. How am i making stuff up? You just keep saying im misreading your posts because you had to put your foot in your mouth.

All in all I guess im new here and I dont wanna start with a bad reputation. Im just really passionate about college football and enjoy discussing/debating it. Sorry if i ruffled any feathers. GO BUCKEYES!!!!

This is what you said. Im arguing that statement is wrong. How am i making stuff up? You just keep saying im misreading your posts because you had to put your foot in your mouth.

That's right. I said they are not big and don't put people in the stands like large programs. Didn't say they couldn't compete or win. Just like Boise or tcu. Even if they win a championship they are still small schools that won't all the sudden have 50 thousand students and 100 thousand at every game. Just the reality of the situation for smaller schools.

Welcome to the site. Not a lot of college football people on here so glad to have one more.

Do you have any big Ohio bucks you want to post pics of?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back