Yeti GOBOX Collection

Football General Talk

I'm surprised they don't call for that on darn near every play.
They talked about the calls on the postgame show and apparently a memo was sent to the officials from the league placing emphasis on it. They also said both calls came from the linesman on the Rams side and Shawn McVeigh was all over them about it. On the one replay the packers were in shotgun and the center lifted his butt up and dropped his helmet to look back at the Qb. As he came back up and snapped they got him with his helmet over the ball by a fraction of an inch.

They talked about the calls on the postgame show and apparently a memo was sent to the officials from the league placing emphasis on it. They also said both calls came from the linesman on the Rams side and Shawn McVeigh was all over them about it. On the one replay the packers were in shotgun and the center lifted his butt up and dropped his helmet to look back at the Qb. As he came back up and snapped they got him with his helmet over the ball by a fraction of an inch.
Was that before or after the center had already moved the ball forward a foot or more while getting into his stance? They do it almost every down. The scrimmage line is the scrimmage line. The ball is NOT the scrimmage line.

All I can say for Vikings ( @VikingsGuy ,etc) fans... Ouch.
My first reaction was to feel bad for Cousins as a person - he deserves a better exit. My second was, Caleb or Drake here we come. And then Dobbs comes in a gives us another W. I guess I will just have to enjoy the ride. But I have to say, KOC is a great coach - 53 men all pulling on the same rope like we never saw under Zimmer. Sure Zimmer had some great Ds but he also always had someone in his dog house as an excuse - his QB, his kicker, his special teams, his O-line, the front office, etc etc etc. - there was always a negative "who's next vibe" with him even in some of their good years. In the end, he just really wanted to run a defense in a vacuum and had to go.

Last edited:
My first reaction was to feel bad for Cousins as a person - he deserves a better exit. My second was, Caleb or Drake here we come. And then Dobbs comes in a gives us another W. I guess I will just have to enjoy the ride. But I have to say, KOC is a great coach - 53 men all pulling on the same rope like we never saw under Zimmer. Sure Zimmer had some great Ds but he also always had someone in his dog house as an excuse - his QB, his kicker, his special teams, his O-line, the front office, etc etc etc. - there was always a negative "who's next vibe" with him even in some of their good years. In the end, he just really wanted to run a defense in a vacuum and had to go.
I doubt either of those will be as productive as Cousins was. Better hope that Dobbs is the new Purdey. There was a pretty interesting interview of a Nobel economist that had, among other interesting things, looked at the NFL draft from the perspective of behavioral economics. He found that NFL drafting abilities are not more than a percentage better than a coin flip in getting a productive player in the draft and that was true at all levels of the draft. He was an interesting dude.

I doubt either of those will be as productive as Cousins was. Better hope that Dobbs is the new Purdey. There was a pretty interesting interview of a Nobel economist that had, among other interesting things, looked at the NFL draft from the perspective of behavioral economics. He found that NFL drafting abilities are not more than a percentage better than a coin flip in getting a productive player in the draft and that was true at all levels of the draft. He was an interesting dude.
Where’d you see that? I’d like to listen to it sometime.

Where’d you see that? I’d like to listen to it sometime.
I was just looking for it. No luck so far, but the guy's name is Richard Thaler from U. Chicago. Super interesting guy to listen to, but I can't find the interview. Football was a tiny part of it, but maybe I can find his paper on it.

Found the paper I think

or here

This might be the interview. I'm not sure. I haven't listened to it yet. I'm watching the game at the moment, instead.

Last edited:
No doubt, neither is near Cousins. But given other quality players on the team and a weak schedule for the next 4 weeks, I suspect they are good enough to have us drafting outside the top ten again. I also don’t doubt the draft coin flip assessment, all the more reason to be wanting to flip with earlier talent still on the board.

Last edited:
So "if" I bother with a portion of tonight's game...1-7 vs 2-7.....what player is worth watching? Haha..what a shit$y night of football.
Haha. I was thinking the same thing. Debated on turning it on.

Nothing better to do, so bad football it is. Lol.

Reactions: Hem
KOC has this team dialed in right now no matter the circumstance. What a gutsy performance in their last win. Considering Dobbs hadn't practiced at all before taking live snaps, it was nothing short of phenomenal. This team has the grit to make a good playoff run.

It’s hard to watch Dobbs miss out on some throws Cousins would have made, but he makes up for it with his legs. Skol!
Yep. Dobbs missed a few throws but keeps plays alive that Kirk couldn’t. It’s fun seeing a mobile qb in KoCs system. Not sure Dobbs is it but the Vikes have sucked me back in. D is pretty impressive for the most part. Especially considering how bad it sucked last year. SKOL!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmokinHunter
Back