Yeti GOBOX Collection

First truck and current truck.

First truck was an old 79 F100. Found this picture on-line but same color, rims, ect. My dad and I put in a new crate engine, heater core, bench seat, ect. Had the H column shifter. Fun Truck.

Old Ford.JPG

My best cost/mile was this 96 4 runner. I was the second owner and took really good care of it. Ended up selling it for about what I paid for it after adding 100K miles. Loved that 4 runner:

IMG-1530.jpg
Upgraded to a full size 08 Tundra now that I have a couple kids to haul around. Love the truck, bouhgt it off a retired lady that kept it in the garadge. Miss how nimble the 4 runner was but really like the interior room of a full size truck.
IMG-9374.jpg

I have only owned 3 vehicles in my life, all trucks. My first was an 87 toyota. It had the 22R engine mentioned before, it didn't have much power on the interstate or going over any passes. But it was a great vehicle for a high school/college student to bomb around in the mountains. Those little trucks could go anywhere. High clearance and wasn't very wide. I remember going down roads and finding out they weren't roads but 4 wheeler trails with it. Wish I still had it. The 87 22R motors, some had fuel injection, some did not. My buddy had one that had the fuel injection, mine did not. Wasn't a huge difference between the two.

After that I had a 2001 Ford F-150. Currently have a 2013 F-150 with over 150,000 on it. Hoping to get another 3 or 4 years out of it before I go to something else.

First truck was 1966 Ford Bronco with a straight six and three on the tree. Heat barely worked and that was before climate change...

I now drive a 2021 GMC Denali 2500. I do have a 66 Bronco that I am in the process of restoring back to the way my original 66 was (except with working heat).

1st truck was a '86 Nissan. Took that thing just about anywhere the big boys went with their fullsize tucks. Swapped to a '87 Ranger for a while, same offroad usage and then went fullsize Fords after that. Built 2 for mudding, had a bunch for drivers ending with a 2010 F150 that I put over 364K on before selling this past winter. Kept the wife's Explorer in case we get rough winters plus pull my ATV trailer.

First truck was an '88 Toyota with the venerable 22re.

back in the day.jpg
Smart me would have kept this rig mildly built, right around this level of truck....
George1.jpg

She was utterly unstoppable at this build level...............

But actual me decided i needed to go this route, it was quite an evolution. One that current me wonders why he did that back then......

Stonylake1.jpg

Anyways, there's been many trucks since but my current rides are a 2002 F-350 with a 5.4 in it and a 2014 F350 with the 6.2. I never thought i could love a ford truck as much as these two. No pic at the moment of the '02, but one of the '14

20230415_112349.jpg

1st truck I owned was a 1993 Ford Ranger, 2wd, regular cab/long bed, 3.0 V6. Bought it cheap/sight-unseen from an out of state auction and it turned out to be one of the best vehicles I've ever had. Went places and pulled things in that truck that it had no business doing!
Currently have a 2020 F150 Supercrew Lariat with the 3.5L Ecoboost...love it.

I started working on a dairy farm when I was 13 making $3.00 per hour. By the time I was a senior in high school (1991) I was able to pay for a new ford ranger, my first truck.

Folder001_00016A.jpg

I put about 100,000 miles on the truck and it went to my sister who drove it for another 200,000.
Next up I got a 2003 Silverado. Put close to 290,000 miles on it (new transmission around 150,000). the 4.8 v8 was bulletproof.

P1003214.jpg

Just recently bought a new ford ranger xlt tremor. I don't have a good photo yet so the dealer pic will have to do. Really enjoying the new wheels.

tremor.PNG

Learned to drive and to work on vehicles on a blue '89 Toyota Pickup. 2wd, extended cab, long bed. Pictures of it are lost to history unfortunately. I would absolutely love to find one with a clean body and fulfill my dream of swapping either a 1JZ or 2JZ into it.

Current 'truck':

20230520_123046.jpg

My first was a Dodge Ramcharger, which broke down every other month. I was good friends with my mechanic, though.

Then, I met a guy who was the service manager for Chevrolet/Toyota and he said, well, we sell more Chevys than Toyotas, 10:1, but our repair ratio is 100:1.

Whether the 2022 new model blip is due to new model, or change in attitude due to new management time will tell. Many other "Good to Great" companies have fallen when the senior executives retired.

I don't really have have a dog in the fight, as I have a 2012 Tundra 1794 that will outlast me.

But, there are many companies in the classic MBA book "Good to Great" that faltered when the senior executives retired.

First truck was an old 79 F100. Found this picture on-line but same color, rims, ect. My dad and I put in a new crate engine, heater core, bench seat, ect. Had the H column shifter. Fun Truck.

View attachment 289046

My best cost/mile was this 96 4 runner. I was the second owner and took really good care of it. Ended up selling it for about what I paid for it after adding 100K miles. Loved that 4 runner:

View attachment 289047
Upgraded to a full size 08 Tundra now that I have a couple kids to haul around. Love the truck, bouhgt it off a retired lady that kept it in the garadge. Miss how nimble the 4 runner was but really like the interior room of a full size truck.
View attachment 289048
That 79 F100 brings back great memories. Mine had a straight six with a three-in-the-tree transmission. I could open the hood and climb into the engine compartment, sit on the wheel well and change the spark plugs like I was working at a bench. Should have taken pictures but that was way before digital cameras existed,

1978 Ford F150 today 2014 Dodge 1500. A lot of changes in 36 years. When my wives car is paid off in a couple years, I was thinking of a Tundra, but I heard the gas mileage is way less than advertised. Highway is suppose to be around 22 and real life is around 16-17. I know I have a couple years but I enjoy getting ideas. IMG_9472.jpegIMG_9473.jpeg

1st truck was a '86 Nissan. Took that thing just about anywhere the big boys went with their fullsize tucks. Swapped to a '87 Ranger for a while, same offroad usage and then went fullsize Fords after that. Built 2 for mudding, had a bunch for drivers ending with a 2010 F150 that I put over 364K on before selling this past winter. Kept the wife's Explorer in case we get rough winters plus pull my ATV trailer.
346k is really impressive

I started working on a dairy farm when I was 13 making $3.00 per hour. By the time I was a senior in high school (1991) I was able to pay for a new ford ranger, my first truck.

View attachment 289061

I put about 100,000 miles on the truck and it went to my sister who drove it for another 200,000.
Next up I got a 2003 Silverado. Put close to 290,000 miles on it (new transmission around 150,000). the 4.8 v8 was bulletproof.

View attachment 289062

Just recently bought a new ford ranger xlt tremor. I don't have a good photo yet so the dealer pic will have to do. Really enjoying the new wheels.

View attachment 289063
☝️ Started with a Ranger and moved back to a Ranger 👏

I also started with a Ranger and five trucks later, I've had my current Ranger for almost five years and I love it

20190622_165018.jpg

I started out in a 95 GMC reg cab z71 and now I drive a 16 Chevrolet 1500 z71

In 2000, I got my first truck - a 1983 Chevy 1500 SWB
Been through a few others including 02 Ram 1500, 2012 F150, and 2014 Titan.
I am currently driving a 2017 Ram 1500 BigHorn. Love the truck, but miss that '83 SWB. That was a fun truck.

I learned how to drive in this 1984 Toyota that my dad bought new. It was my truck in high school, then my brother drove it. It has a straight axle and the 22R engine in it. I kept it until I moved to Montana 5 years ago. I sold it to my brother and he put a small lift kit on it and new wheels and tires.

I have owned 5 Tacomas in my life. (Two were actually pre Tacoma when they were just called Toyota trucks.) earlier this year after my Duramax was parked for 3 months waiting on a part, I decided to make a change. Since I also have an older 3/4 ton truck for work, I decided to go back to a Tacoma. I had to wait about 6 weeks for it to be delivered and in that time, I found a used matching topper on Craigslist. So far I’m loving the new truck and glad I made the change. Really happy to not be buying $6 diesel right now.

View attachment 230494

View attachment 230495
First truck was a 1986 Toyota pickup Xtra-cab with a 7-ft bed. Same 22R engine. I put 287K miles on it. Replaced it with a 2005 Tacoma dual cab like yours but in tan. Still have it with 162K miles. Runs as well as day 1. Both were/are manual transmissions. All I have ever driven. Added a 2013 FJ Cruiser to the mix 5 yrs ago. That is my primary hunting vehicle. Sure miss that 7-ft bed though!

Last edited:
First truck was a 1966 Ford SB F100. Man I wish I would have never sold that thing! Now I’m driving a 2009 Dodge Ram 4x4 quad cab Hemi. I bought it brand new. 24k. 88k miles on it now. I’ll drive it till it falls apart.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back