First Season Rifle Strategy in CO

Thank you!
No problem. Also in case my comment was a bit opaque, in my opinion for entry level western hunters binos are far more important than a spotter. Elk are not particularly difficult to pick out and even at a mile, with 10x binos you can tell a cow from a bull.

Where a spotter really is necessary is when your trying to pull out details, ie is that a 140 or 175 mule deer, is that a legal dall sheep, etc. For that stuff you are probably going to have your spotter at max power and only the really high end ones are worth a crap on the max or even mid setting.

Maybe the one exception is pronghorn hunting, I've found a cheap spotter with a window mount to be useful.

No problem. Also in case my comment was a bit opaque, in my opinion for entry level western hunters binos are far more important than a spotter. Elk are not particularly difficult to pick out and even at a mile, with 10x binos you can tell a cow from a bull.

Where a spotter really is necessary is when your trying to pull out details, ie is that a 140 or 175 mule deer, is that a legal dall sheep, etc. For that stuff you are probably going to have your spotter at max power and only the really high end ones are worth a crap on the max or even mid setting.

Maybe the one exception is pronghorn hunting, I've found a cheap spotter with a window mount to be useful.
That's exactly what I was told by a guy i work with who used to live in Colorado. Thanks so much!

Back