Fin's 2017 Whiteboard draft

One to consider. Roe deer, Devon, England UK "Fresh Tracks International"

I would bet you would find an agreeable local to help.

Some of us might even know the area a little bit and give a few helpful tips! ;)

So many ideas, so little time .....our hunts are all western US for native species. I'm intrigued by the many other possibilities. We promise sponsors and the network that we will do western US and native species, so the cool exotic/foreign ideas never make it on our list.

So many ideas, so little time .....our hunts are all western US for native species. I'm intrigued by the many other possibilities. We promise sponsors and the network that we will do western US and native species, so the cool exotic/foreign ideas never make it on our list.

YouTube special? :D

Columbia whitetail in Oregon.

That's one I would love to see but it's one of the hardest tags to get no matter the weapon. Archery takes at least 3 points, muzzleloader and rifle over 15 for non-residents.

A more realistic option for a guy who wants to kill a Columbia Blacktail is the 100M muzzleloader hunt. Takes place during peak rut and can be had with 0 points. There is always the general blacktail rifle season too...

Honestly Oregon really sucks for most controlled hunts but there are a few that are worth looking at along with a few of our Westside general seasons. Rifle Roosevelt season is only 4 days but for a guy that knows how to get away from the crowds it's a real sleeper. I've not hunted it in 30 years due to an archery obsession but I think next fall I am switching to gun for Oregon elk. I have a buddy that switched this year due to extreme crowding during archery season and he said he never saw a boot track. Our archery hunters are hard core but 90% of the rifle hunters never get 100 yards from the road. The downside of course for a filming crew is that it may well rain every hour of the season....

That's a killer list and a great way to mission plan. Why not try the TN Elk draw as well as KY? My list is CO OTC Elk bow hunt, KY/TN Elk and a powerball ticket... Moose up in the NE, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Likely go for some Western state Moose draw as well. Unsure there, one trip out West this year is likely it. Maybe start building points somewhere, should have done that years ago....

Randy, may I ask a nosey question? What is your budget for applications each year and what do you average on total cost each year after refunds?

And I'm afraid to ask what you spend on film permits.

Randy, may I ask a nosey question? What is your budget for applications each year and what do you average on total cost each year after refunds?

And I'm afraid to ask what you spend on film permits.

License, tags, app fees, point purchases, etc., for me and all the guests we pay for, average $10-11K per year. Just to apply we end up buying non-resident licenses in NV, AZ, NM, UT, ID, and AK That's a big chunk of money before we even make the tag apps for all of us.

Film permits average around the same, with some years a bit higher.

I am surprised. I would have thought quadruple that. I gather you do not apply nonresident bighorn in New Mexico.

Respect what you do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back