Fin's 2008 video clips

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Some here have asked why I haven't posted any video clips of my 2008 hunts. Well, here is the story.

I originally had planned to not film anything in 2008. By late summer, I had resolved to just hunt this year and enjoy it. Guess I had screwed up enough hunts with filming in 2007 that I was thinking it would be different to just hunt.

Well, that thought lasted until September, when a friend who owns a production company talked me into having my 2008 hunts filmed. After a lot of consideration, I signed a production contract, swallowed hard, and me and friends headed to the hills with two professional videographers in tow.

All the footage has been taken, it is edited, and the stuff has been in the hands of networks for some time. No bites as of yet. If that doesn't change, Fin might be sending DVDs to his friends and family for presents. They are probably only worth $5, but if you divide $300K of production costs by the 500 DVDs, I think that comes out to $600 per DVD. If you receive one, please cherish it, even if it is only worth $5.

So, I am sitting here wondering what the hell I was thinking when I decided I could produce a TV series that was all non-guided hunting on accessible lands and try to do it in a manner that depicts hunting as it occurs for over 90% of the hunters in America. Yeah, what was I thinking? :confused:

We did pull it off, and the footage is beyond anything I have ever seen. But, with the economy in the crapper, convincing sponsors and networks to take a chance on a new show is proving to be difficult. Very difficult.

Our show demo reel starts by talking about how we hunt. No guides, no outfitters, no bait, no high fences, and no high dollar lodges. Some in the TV world have told me they find that offensive.

Not sure why promoting our hunting methods is any different than the guy who says, "I am hunting with outfitter so and so." or the guy who brags about the big bucks killed at "Harry's shooting preserve." or the guy who says, "I wouldn't have shot this buck with out my Jughead deer food."

For whatever reason, by saying how we hunt and film, people view that as offensive. Hmmmm?

Anyhow, if I don't get any network or sponsor bites, I guess I will play my footage on Hunttalk.

Wish I could have shared it all, as the hunts occurred, but thought it best to see if the TV deal would work.

They say that stupidity is doing the same thing every day, and expecting a different result. Call me stupid, as I am scrounging up the money to film me and my buddies for the 2009 hunting season and keep hounding networks and sponsors that the non-guided hunter has a story worth telling. Yup, officially considered stupid! :D

Wish me luck, as it appears I'm gonna need it. And need lots of it.

Happy Hunting!

Good luck, we need a couple good hunting shows besides Jim Shockey and Waddel. Put me down for one of those $600 DVD's if no one picks the show up.

It'd be neat to see a hunt video that had a front loaded hunt/merchandising ratio...and a paucity of ugly assed Encore firearms.

...let me know when it comes out in paperback Randy.:D

Wishing you the very best of luck, Randy! That's just awesome and I'm pretty excited about the potential to get footage out to the public about how real hunters hunt. I'm sure you'll get a bite. Hell yes I'll take a DVD! :D

Enjoyed all the stories you have posted about your hunts, and would love to get my hands on one of those DVDs. Put me down for one as well

Best of luck with the business end of it, Sounds to me like just me my, my buddies, and most of the guys I know would be looking for

Our show demo reel starts by talking about how we hunt. No guides, no outfitters, no bait, no high fences, and no high dollar lodges.

Some in the TV world have told me they find that offensive.

I still can't decide if that is funny or scary? It is funny because I find most of them offensive. Scary those in control feel that way and can control what the average Joe hunter watches.

I would still pay to see Fin's version of "Hunters Gone Wild":)

Good luck getting it worked out Randy. I've loved reading your stories and checking out the videos you've put up on MM the last few years, and would definitely be in for taking a copy off your hands if you end up going that route.

What ? You were/are working on a TV series ? :eek: :eek:

Don't sign me up for a DVD, I want to watch it on TV. You'll get it done, Keep moving forward !!!

What a welcome contrast that would be to a Mossback TV show, just watched a couple of those online.........

Big Fin if your stupid then I'm stupider.

The show is going to work out. I have a good feeling about it. Really. Patience my friend.

For those of you who thought the stories were great you'll be totally impressed with the show/footage. It truely is a breath of fresh air to watch the whole thing unfolds on ground that anyone can hunt.

It's gonna work out. Trust me:)

Good luck in your adventure, Fin. For all your great stories and previous footage that you have shown I'm sure the quality is out of this world. Here is wishing you the best in the next few years and a bunch of sweet tags. :)

Can't wait to see it, hopefully on the boob tube, but if not, I will settle for the dvd version. Good Luck

Good luck, Fin. Put me on the list with Moosie. I'll wait to see it on TV.

At least your Video Cameras this year were Cheap ... ;) ;)

Since you're not using them, I'll buy them on sale from ya .... ;)

Seriously though, If they keep putting the shows up that they do I thnik I'm gunna Puke. Keep at it !!

From what I've seen of your clips, they look outstanding! Your type of hunting is what I want to watch. Keep it up and we'll see ya on the tube soon. Good luck.

I'll take one too, hopefully it makes a network. That concept would certainly be against the grain. I rarely watch any of the shit on Outdoor Channel. I watch way more Cartoon Network than hunting TV, even though the humor on most hunting programs is better. It get's old fast watching some of those jackasses, box blinds, corn flingers, retarded hosts with annoying twangs and their sweet deals on game farms or high dollar ranch hunts where the animals are tame and the hunters are lame.

Can't believe they are snapping up your offering Big Fin. From what I have seen posted here your videos would be a MOST refreshing change of pace from some of the garbage show there at present.

Perhaps they are afraid that folks would quit watching all the other dribble and then no one would ever buy another TC Encore ever again when they learn that there ARE other rifles out there to pick from. :)

Best of luck and can't wait for the day to see your stuff make it to the small screen for all the world to see, it most definitely deserves to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back