Favorite to play the guitar

Came across this guys videos some years back, he came up on the streets busking, has a band now , but he still enjoys going out on the streets of London and just playing on a corner somewhere , and records a video of him playing a famous song , dude blows my mind , I believe he’s one of the best guitarists on the planet today

So many great guitarists out there. I agree with so many on these lists and saw a few I didn't know.
For me, there are three. Just hearing the guitar, I can tell it is them just from their style.
Zakk Wylde - my favorite by far, seen Black Label several times.
Dimebag - wish I could have seen Pantera, I would love to go to one of the reunion shows with Zakk playing for them.
Tom Morello - the man does stuff with a guitar that is unreal.

Hard to argue with a lot of these… SRV, Jimmy Page, Hendrix, Duane Allman, Clapton, Van Halen, BB King, Derek Trucks, Dickie Betts, on and on…. My favorite is Jerry Garcia. Massive body of work and just suits my ear…

I'll be honest when I started this thread I had no idea who some of the posted musicians are. My list has two so far. Eddie Van Halen. Stevie Ray Vaughn. No order yet. Still listening. mtmuley

I'll be honest when I started this thread I had no idea who some of the posted musicians are. My list has two so far. Eddie Van Halen. Stevie Ray Vaughn. No order yet. Still listening. mtmuley
Jimi Hendrix
Jeff Beck
Eddie Van Halen
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Eric Clapton
Pete Townsend
Terry Kath
Carlos Santana
Richie Blackmore
Slash

That's my top 10. Probably in that order. Jeff Beck and Terry Kath are the ones people don't seem to know as well. The "Wired" album by Jeff Beck is incredible, and Terry Kath's (Chicago) wah wah work in 25 or 6 to 4 is exceptional. Hendrix really admired him, which is good enough for me.

Clapton and Knopfler edge out a long list, but not by much

No particular order of superiority;

SRV
Duane Allman
Dickey Betts
Jack Pearson
Warren Haynes
Steve Gaines (Skynard)
Tom Bukovac
Chet Atkins
Billy Strings
Danny Gatton
Rory Gallagher
Jimi
Tommy Emmanuel
Billy Gibbons
Don Felder
Gary Moore
Josh Smith
Buddy Whittington

many more...

How the heck did I leave Jimmy Page off?...and Keaggy
Used to go to open mic nights at a local bar in Traverse City and watch Billy Strings play when he was first starting, talented performer and writer. We all new he was destined for the big stage!

I cant decide the order... and im sure ill change my mind in 20 minutes bit heres 10 favorites

Warren Haynes
Derek Trucks
Dickey Betts
Dimebag
Doc Watson
Tony Rice
David Gilmour
Duane Allman
Unknown Hinson
Marcus King

Jimi Hendrix
Jeff Beck
Eddie Van Halen
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Eric Clapton
Pete Townsend
Terry Kath
Carlos Santana
Richie Blackmore
Slash

That's my top 10. Probably in that order. Jeff Beck and Terry Kath are the ones people don't seem to know as well. The "Wired" album by Jeff Beck is incredible, and Terry Kath's (Chicago) wah wah work in 25 or 6 to 4 is exceptional. Hendrix really admired him, which is good enough for me.
Beck's "Blow By Blow" is no slouch either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back