Fantasy Football 2014

I'll get to work sending the invites out!! Can you guys recall anything we wanted to do different? It seems like every year there are suggestions and we forget...

Count me in again this year. Would past threads from last year have any suggestions in them?

I'll get to work sending the invites out!! Can you guys recall anything we wanted to do different? It seems like every year there are suggestions and we forget...

If your screen name is Jorgy you should start with 39 extra points. Lord knows I need them.

If your screen name is Jorgy you should start with 39 extra points. Lord knows I need them.

I'll look into adding 39 extra points...week 4 of preseason..just for you!! I looked at the thread from last year and I believe we got everything worked out last year. In 2012 we had too many players on each team, so there were no waiver options. Regardless, if anyone has some recommendations, throw them out there.

Also, congrats to DWarcher, our 2013 champion!! Looks like I dropped the ball last year..or was still in pout mode. Not sure which :)

Outsider chiming in...how balanced is the points scored by offense vs. defense in your league? I left a league after last season where the QB was often 25% of total points and the offense could top 80% of points. The league was at ESPN at the manager had tweaked the standard settings over the years. In an era where defense wins most championships, I need to see defense get credit with 50% or more points in fantasy play. YMMV.

Cornell, I will add you to the list if we have any open spots.

I agree on the defense accounting for more, but we only have 1 team def and 2 cb's. Kinda lame when 1 "position" single handedly wins a game. If we have IDP (individual defensive players) that might work out.

What do you guys think? Want some linebackers on your team?

I would be up for adding a couple of linebackers. How would you score them? Two points per tackle? Points for interceptions? It would all depend on how they were scored.

Ok we will have 2) CB's 1) Safety 2)LB's 1)DT 1) DE

Tackles are worth 1 pt. Assisted tackles are worth .5 pts. Sack 3 pts. Interception 10 pts. Fumble recovery 5 pts. Touchdown 10 pts.

So an interception for a td would be worth 20 pts. A fumble that is ran back for a td would be worth 15 pts.

Hopefully this will add to the excitement, and bring more strategy into the game.

Feedback??

Ok we will have 2) CB's 1) Safety 2)LB's 1)DT 1) DE

Tackles are worth 1 pt. Assisted tackles are worth .5 pts. Sack 3 pts. Interception 10 pts. Fumble recovery 5 pts. Touchdown 10 pts.

So an interception for a td would be worth 20 pts. A fumble that is ran back for a td would be worth 15 pts.

Hopefully this will add to the excitement, and bring more strategy into the game.

Feedback??

Good stuff. Finally! Some actual need to utilize the Defense.

Thanks again, Dainer! :)

The draft will be held September 2nd at 7 pm PDT. If you will not be able to attend, remember to set your rankings ahead of time.

And the draft has finished. I blindly walked my way into something that looks halfway decent, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Back