Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ever see one of these while hunting??

AZ402

I ran into this little fella last week on my way to a deer hunt. He was way out in the middle of nowhere crossing a dirt road.

striphunt008.jpg

Looks kind of like an emu or something. Maybe it got loose from a farm or zoo? :confused:

Cool pic

That's a hellofa drum-stick!
Looks like an emu but feral animals are legal to take right?
Good eatin AZ402!

Can you spell Coyote Bait? I'm suprised. I didn't know you were hunting aroung Picacho? They have hundreds of those critters down there.

Don't get too close. They can seriously damage your leg if they kick you.

:cool:

Yes, We had one of those ugly Mothers on our Deer lease one year, people were just turning them loose when the market bottomed out. If you think a crow can eat some corn, wait till one of those shows up! John

Fair game? Those could be fun to remove from an area.

danr55 said:
Can you spell Coyote Bait? I'm suprised. I didn't know you were hunting aroung Picacho? They have hundreds of those critters down there.

Don't get too close. They can seriously damage your leg if they kick you.

:cool:
Picacho lake? I hunted javelina down around and in picacho lake, on pete shepleys private and state ground, never seen anything like that nor any tracks of them either.

Down in the Texas hill country there are posted signs right next to "beware of free roaming ostrichs" signs....mean territorial motor scooters & you ain't outrunnin' one either.

Interesting. Did you do anything to the image? The head looks like it's had some changes, or somthing, the image itself just does'nt look right to me. Maybe it's because it's such an strange looking critter. . .

No touching up of the pic, that's the way the bird looks. I didn't think about shooting it, no real reason to I guess. I think that thing might kick a coyotes ass. I was to busy looking for some big bucks..........and a few of them hit the dirt, may post pics of some AZ "dink" muleys later.........

Ostrich, Emu, Rhea. Those are big, medium, and small, but small rhea are still big. How big is that thing? It looks huge, if that is a dirt road its on. Emu?

I would have loved to seen the look on my taxidermist face when I dragged that thing down there....

I would have shot it in a heart beat, would have been far better than shooting a big muley, besides you will probally never see one again.
You might have gotten some awsum points on it too.

Delw

I have a funny story. One ranch I hunted had some emu on it one weekend. They had escaped from somewhere and they are free ranging open to anyone then, unless they are tagged or your good neighbors and the neighbors help protect them and don't allow shooting them, even if seen. We were not restricted from shooting exotics on this ranch, that we knew of. The guy we paid our hunting dues to heard some were shot. For fun, he came to camp, about 10 people were there and he asked, "Who shot those $5,000 emu?" It was funny, everybody pointed to the guy who shot them. Each person was worried they'd be billed $5000. He did it for a joke and told us all the story later.

Tom...do you remember the big ostrich/emu egg scam here back in the late 80's/early 90's. They were selling eggs for 5 grand & more with an exaggerated speculated return on investment.
It was gonna be the new white meat.

In case you're wondering, nope, I didn't.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back