Elk Hunting rules

The Hedgehog

Friend told me about this while hunting .. Teton Park Elk hunt

"The park also will limit hunters to no more than seven cartridges a day and prohibit them from taking more than one shot at a herd of running elk."

Seems kind of off that they would limit the amount of cartridges you can carry.

Then again, seems more off that anyone would argue they need more than 7 cartridges to get the job done.

If it's that big of a problem why don't they just make it a muzzle loader only hunt. That should slow down the shooting a little.

I'm in, give me seven shots I'll have a few down no problem, how do I sign up. I see no problem with this wounding animals is not right.

Disgusting example of classless killing by non hunters. This should be the last time this ever happens, but then, one can't expect much from Wyoming. This is not hunting in any way, it is killing and a huge black eye to all hunters.

Disgusting example of classless killing by non hunters. This should be the last time this ever happens, but then, one can't expect much from Wyoming. This is not hunting in any way, it is killing and a huge black eye to all hunters.

the hunt is managed by Grand Teton National Park, not the state. While WGFD does have input to number of tags, etc, it's the Park that sets the rules for the hunt.

The gate opens at 7AM. Please check in to verify with a ranger you only have 7 bullets. And remember, only one shot at a running herd...

Ha!

I was just going to mention "Smuggling" and the need for full body cavity checks, you can never have to much ammo!

So you have shot 5 of the 7 and missed...walk around the corner and there is a griz and you only have 2 rounds left....um...yeah, that seems safe. I sure hope you are allowed a side arm along with pepper spray.

I like the muzzie approach. Anyone know why the animals stampede in a herd rather than disperse around so that hunters could be assigned compartments to stay in and hunt? I am not a fan of shoots but do like hunts.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pam Fetzner
Back