eastern wy mulies

buckwild

have any of you guys ever hunted eastern wyoming for mule deer. never been there before but am going to lusk, wyoming for antelope. wandering if i should buy the mule deer tag as well. let me know, thanks

Shot this one between Lusk and Douglas last year. There is not a whole lot of public in that region. Kinda spread out if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• deer10Rowdy.jpg
    deer10Rowdy.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 509
556...did you see several deer on that trip or did you not see very many?

What a pig, very nice. Gotta love those big mulie 2pts. Had to pass on a hand full of those over the years in our 3pt min. areas. Tough for me to watch those walk.

Buck,
Saw lots of antelope and quite a few mule deer. I'd propably invest in a wyoming land status map for my gps if I went back to that area since much of the public is scattered out. Might as well get the tag. I"m sure if you dont you will propably regret it.

Dana, that was shot with my 6.5x.284. Thanks for the comments guys. With 17" g-2's that mulie makes my Oklahoma whitetails look tiny.

Here is the Antelope from the same area between Lusk and Douglas. Just over 14-1/2" but has real nice mass with 6-1/2" bases and cutters. It was my longest shot to date at 580 yards with 1 shot taking out both lungs. Complete pass through with a berger vld.

Attachments

• wyantelope2010antelop3.jpg
    wyantelope2010antelop3.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 432
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 431
  • wy2010antelope2.jpg
    wy2010antelope2.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 435
Man, were both of these critters taken near agricultural land? They look like they were in a feedlot for a couple of months!!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back