Dogs

I'm a Golden Retriever fan, I'm on my 4th one. While they've all been great in their own respect my current 6.5yr old Golden is amazing. Most well behaved dog I've been around, zero training.... it's just who he is. He goes everywhere with me.

LCknRZm.jpg

qclHjMQ.jpg

Attachments

• qclHjMQ.jpg
    qclHjMQ.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 333
I currently have a Beagle and a Border Collie.
View attachment 94168
View attachment 94169
By far my vote for best family dog goes to the Beagle. My better half is a veterinarian and can attest to the same. Never met a mean Beagle in all my days.
I grew up with a Dad and Grandpa that both always had beagles for hunting rabbits and have the same feeling towards them. Never met a mean one. That and they are a great size for a pet. Shedding, and lots of it, is the only issue I have with the breed.

C22EB9D2-23EE-4055-8198-7EC84E36DE98.jpg

I love springers but I’m not sure I’d get another just because I feel like I’d always be comparing it to my old that died last November. They’re still my fav breed tho.

Being from Iowa who has hunted the Uplands of IA,NE,SD,KS,IL,MN and CA. I hunted with about every breed of Friends or Guides. Here is what I like GSP or Brittany great dogs and nice house dogs and good with Kids. In the Uplands I would look no further. Here is pic of my last dog with some wild Iowa Pheasant's. image.jpeg

I'm a golden guy also. Beautifully tempered dogs. She's the first of many I'm sure
IMG_4236.jpg
IMG_5298.jpg
IMG_6070.jpg

Trigger lived 16 years, family member and what I call my brother, we walked a lot of miles in the mountains. Treed lions, bears, bobcats and a few coon.View attachment 94192

I am so glad I started this thread, as every single picture was a picture of a beautiful dog. Thank you so much fellows, your pictures and comments have warmed an old woman's heart.

Timberman 56-------I loved all breeds, even the german shepard and corgi that we had, but the Boykin, at least the one we had, was the epitome of "jack of all trades "

Bowhunter65, thank you for this post and picture. It actually brought moisture to my eyes and brought back memories of hunting lions, bobcats coons, bears, with my dad and granddad when I was barely old enough to keep up. Recently I was explaining to some young fellows why you dont want your dog to take on a coon in the creek, river or pond and it was something I had not thought about for years. I remember my granddad wading out into the creek to make sure we did not lose a dog-

I was determined that my children grow up with dogs and horses. Some of my best childhood memories involved a dog, horse and rifle or shotgun--sorry, my mind is wondering

Anyway--thank you gentlemen for the great replies

I have hunting companions, friends of many years that I so enjoy their company. But, my dogs are my buddies, my best friends, my family and more. This is my lab Belle who will be 5 yrs. in March. She has made me smile beyond all of my expectations. As of late she has started pointing on her own. This I did not train her to do. She is my little girl. Soft mouth, full of energy and drive. Makes my bird hunts great! 2F30374A-AEB6-4F4D-A395-F0FCBB06C03B.jpg

Last edited:
Europe, you make inciteful posts. A disgusting question, how old are you? Your experiences age to a minimum of 70. Block me if this reaches asshole quality! Your posts are a delight!

This video crossed my screen today. For those that hunt because of their dogs, this video is for you, regardless of your favorite breed.

[video=vimeo;314118700]https://vimeo.com/314118700?fbclid=IwAR2NCGvEy_UmIkP3phz7Sz5x0O-rpcWZoc2m9Y12uKJQvK7m8-LdBYZq78A[/video]

Europe, you make inciteful posts. A disgusting question, how old are you? Your experiences age to a minimum of 70. Block me if this reaches asshole quality! Your posts are a delight!

bobby dean, you never ask a lady her age----until she is too old to care LOL fortunately for you I am too old to care----just having a little fun with you young man, believe me, nothing to worry about here, no harm no foul (-;

But rather than admit my exact age I will just tell you what I recently shared with some young exchange students.

they were just starting to assign folks social security numbers ( btw, when they did this it was sold to the population with a guarantee--your number will never be used for any purpose other than for social security---well that didn't work out well lol )

The Winchester 71 was the new kid on the block

Fiber McGee and Molly started their radio show----I know, I know---who is fiber mcgee and molly lol

Ready for this guys. Dad paid 3200 dollars for 160 acres with a house and barn. I was told he borrowed most of that money from relatives, but he paid cash plus some livestock to the seller to make the deal.

-Bobbydean--thank you for the very kind words sir

Brent, your video/link did not show up. would love to see it.

Everyone ---Beautiful dogs ! thank you for your replies

Besides bobby dean, I want to thank all of those who have responded to my threads. For the most part it has been a very positive experience, with only a few suggesting they did not like my presence on the forum for one reason or another and I do apologize to those I make uncomfortable and try to limit my activity on the forum . Most of my threads have come from members asking me to share something with others on the open forum.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back