Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Does this offend the purist?

Dinkshooter

I haven't fished in maybe 8 years. Took out the fly rod and was trying to catch the family pets out of the pond by the house. Broke off about $10 of flys on the fish and lost another $5 worth snapping them off on the back cast:D

Screw this, get the spinning pole and hit the creek and start yanking them out!!!!!!

I remember being a far better fly fisherman................................

P1010649.jpg

P1010650.jpg

P1010651.jpg

P1010653.jpg

Doesn't bug me in the least. I fish a lot of waters that just won't work with the fly rod and I've got no problem breaking out the spinning rod.

Now, if you'd have broken out the bait... well, that's reserved for old men and little girls. ;)

Nice fish.

Expecting to hook into a real monster??

I think you could have clipped the line a bit closer to the knot :)

As per usual though... It's not the critic who counts.

Expecting to hook into a real monster??

I think you could have clipped the line a bit closer to the knot :)

As per usual though... It's not the critic who counts.

Yeah the line is still on the reel from when I lived in Iowa and fished for bass and such back in 2001;)

I like the critic smarty pants comments:D

It doesn't offend me at all! When I hike into high mountain lakes or stream, I pack my fly rod and my spinning rod. If one isn't working, I switch to the other. Looks like a tasty dinner!

Yes it will --- but if it does, just post a pic of an Iowa hawg bass or a 16 inch crappie using that same outfit, and that should shut 'em up.

Q: If you broke off that much, is your line/tipit bad, or are you using a square knot to tie flies on your leader?

Sounds like you need a refresher course, i will be in Montana in November:D
I will bring some replacement flies for you to lose:eek:
Some nice fish by the way.
Cheers
Richard

Q: If you broke off that much, is your line/tipit bad, or are you using a square knot to tie flies on your leader?

Not sure, it was a new leader, but it had been sitting in my chest pack for many years. Don't think it was a square knot. What it the best knot for that?

Hell I had to Google up the backing to line and line to leader knots on Saturday just trying to get ready. CRS:D

If you have room at the pond, practice roll casting. Practice it even if you don't. I save my flys that have been beat to death for just that.

Pretty sure every fisherman in MT is a purist! They'd run me out, fast.

The best part of fishing in Montana is loading up a forked stick with a limit of trout and then dragging it through the parking lot while the tourists are getting ready to go for a "float trip."

My favorite is the #7 countdown rainbow Rapala, the orange #5 works well in the spring.

Pretty sure every fisherman in MT is a purist! They'd run me out, fast.

This is demonstrably false.

Only 39.54% of the population of MT is a fly fishing purist, the rest of us use what ever is at hand. Like the old crank phone.

Or dynamite.

Or a shotgun

The best part of fishing in Montana is loading up a forked stick with a limit of trout and then dragging it through the parking lot while the tourists are getting ready to go for a "float trip."

My favorite is the #7 countdown rainbow Rapala, the orange #5 works well in the spring.

I'm sad. I thought for sure the AK crowd would chime in and call fish those size.......................bait:eek:

This is demonstrably false.

Only 39.54% of the population of MT is a fly fishing purist, the rest of us use what ever is at hand. Like the old crank phone.

Or dynamite.

Or a shotgun

I bought nighcrawlers on the way home from work tonight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back