MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Deer Limits

Nut

While reading up on the new regulations here in Ohio which I thought were pretty much the same. Limit of 2 deer in Zone A, 4 deer in Zone C and 6 deer in Zone C. However they are now additive so it makes it legal for you to take 12 in the season. However only 1 can be antlered.( I live in Zone C).
The limits have steadily been increasing recently here so I think the next move will be more shotgunning opportunities will happen if the population keeps growing. We put a total of 5 in our freezer last season and we should have more.

Have they made any changes on your limits?

Good luck on the shotgunning. ;)

Here its 3 bucks statewide...but only one per day and up to around 140 does per season...with a limit of 3 per day.

Good Lord!!! 140 does in one season and 3 bucks? Who shoots that many deer? We're allowed one deer, either sex. I usually apply for an additional doe tag, but that's a lottery, and I rarely fill that tag when I get it. I spend an entire season hunting for one buck and looking for a bruiser. I typically don't find him, but I enjoy the anticipation more than anything.

here in n.y. we get 1 gun buck tag, 1 bow/muzz buck tag, 1 bow/muzz and up to 4 doe permitts to use in any season. we can also have people sign over thier doe taggs for other people to fill.

max of 2 with a shotgun,(1 buck, 1 doe)1 with a muzzleloader, unlimited with bow as long as you buy the permits. max of 2 bucks with any combo of weapons.

Where I hunt in Md. we're allowed unlimited does with bow and 2 bucks each season ( Bow, Mz., Rifle). With bucks you must shoot 2 does before you can shoot your 2nd buck.
I guess, technically, the limit has no ceiling !!!!!:eek:

" Montana Dept. of Fish Wildlife and Parks. Those tags will diminish in a season or two."

SS, only if you take back, in an even up trade, daley.

CHICAGO — Mayor Richard M. Daley has taken the plunge in trying to lure the 2016 Summer Olympics to Chicago. Now he has to explain to taxpayers in this cash-strapped city why they may be on the hook for millions of dollars if he gets his wish and the event turns out to be a flop.

Daley was nowhere near Chicago on Thursday. He was still overseas after telling the International Olympic Committee in Switzerland that he would sign a contract requiring the city to take full financial responsibility for the games, a move intended to erase any IOC doubts about the commitment of the U.S. bid city.

When Daley gets home, Chicago Alderman Joe Moore wants the mayor to explain his thinking. Moore also said there should be an independent review of the taxpayer risk if Chicago gets the games.

"The days where we just take the mayor's word for it when he says 'Trust me,' those days are over. We need to verify, we need to cross all the T's and dot all the I's," Moore said.

Chicago bid officials this week said they had come up with an additional $500 million in private insurance, clearing the way for Daley to sign the so-called host city contract if Chicago wins.

Daley has said a Chicago games would not "burden local taxpayers" and he insists that's still the case. Local organizers have a safety net of $2.5 billion in public and private funds if the Olympics are a money-loser.

"It's not appropriation of any more money," Daley said in Switzerland. "It's just an insurance policy for anything above $500 million. It's not a liability for the city."

The IOC will announce Oct. 2 whether the games will go to Chicago, Madrid, Tokyo or Rio de Janeiro.

Chicago resident Christopher Jones doesn't buy it. Chicago already is in tough financial shape with some 1,500 city workers facing layoffs next month because of ongoing budget troubles in a sluggish economy.

"We already have enough our own problems," said Jones, 24. "It's irresponsible to take on such a huge responsibility at this point."

But another resident, Tara Bailey, said any money the city commits to the Olympics needs to be viewed as an investment.

"Our city could be put on the map for this," the 40-year-old Bailey said[/B].(are there many of you out west that haven't heard of chicago? pretty sure its already on the map) "And, the city has already said they'd do the Olympics. Of course we would have to be fully committed."

Still, Alderman Leslie Hairston wants a public hearing on Daley's "arrogant" decision.

"This is a really big decision and it's too big of a decision to make unilaterally," she said.

The city is counting on private financing to pay for the games, which are expected to cost $4.8 billion. The number almost certainly will rise because of the inevitable cost overruns other Olympics have seen.

But Chicago also has history on its side. The 1984 Los Angeles Games, for example, were profitable, said Carson Cunningham, a visiting assistant professor at DePaul University who teaches a class on the history of the modern Olympics.

"I'm pretty confident, outside of a catastrophic event, that the games would be a net plus economically for Chicago," Cunningham said.

Dang here in PA its 1 buck period and how ever many doe tags you can draw.You are only allowed 1 tag per draw put there are 3 draws as long as your area doesn't run out of tags. Then the remainders you can buy direct from the county treasurer.

You guys need wolves, lions, bears, more coyotes, and Montana Dept. of Fish Wildlife and Parks. Those tags will diminish in a season or two.

The thing I have noticed that as the deer population increases and the limits have risen in the last 10 years that the coyotes, bears and bobcats sightings have increased also. So I think the balance is okay for now. I think that disease and bad weather would be the biggest factor if the numbers hold. I tend to support my states DNR as of now except for some of the timber harvesting being done just for the $$$ and not for the wildlife.

back to you question. In Maryland we have a 6 buck limit 2 per season and unlimited doe's. So when I start hunting deer the 15th of Sept I don't finish till the last day Jan 31st. I do a lot of back yard management.

SD. 5 archery (1 buck rest does if statewide any deer or 2 buck three does if you do east and west any deers)(also only one statewide doe after that the other doe tags are good everywhere except Black Hills Fire Protection District, Roberts Co., Grant Co., Codington Co., Lake Co., Moody Co., Minnehaha Co., Turner Co., and Lincoln Co) . Rifle, 1 on first and second draw, 5 on third, unlimited as long as there are still tags after third drawing. There is an east river and west river season on the rifle you can put in for both. Not sure on the muzzle loader.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back