Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Cutting Line

Never cut the line. My brother drew a 410 Either Sex Elk Rifle tag this year with 4 points. It took my dads friend 41 years if I recall that right. Otherwise, I only hear stories. My bosses daughter drew a Goat with 2 points. A business contact drew a moose and goat tag the same year. Had a friend draw a 410 tag with 1 point. I do not get this lucky. Ill reply later if I get a Sheep, Moose, or Goat tag. But I am not feeling it.

My dad and I drew Book Cliffs mule deer tags in 2000, first and last time I ever applied in Utah.

Two years ago I drew a bighorn sheep tag here in Washington. I did have 16 points but even with that many points, odds are worse than 1 in 100.

I forgot about this one. My buddy and his dad both drew the same unit for dessert bighorn in NV in the same year. I'm not sure how many pts they had. The kicker is that there were only 6 tags available and there are no party apps allowed for sheep. Talk about long odds of that ever happening anywhere!!

I think the two toughest ones for me were a New Hampshire C2 moose tag with like 8 points, but the odds for any NR bull tag in the state were only 1% even with max points. I think only 8 NR tags were given out in the entire state that year, and I have only met one guy online who drew any NH NR moose tag. Unbelievably that guy lived in the same small town in Illinois where I live! Think of the odds of that.
And the 2nd toughest was Utah Book Cliffs any weapon bull elk first time applying, back in the pre-SFW days 1997. That's not gonna happen again with that corrupt regime in power.

I drew a great sheep tag the first year I applied in AK, the wife pulled a good one the second time. 2-5% odds.

Also drew a good caribou tag the first time applying. Similar low odds.

I drew a SW MT goat tag with 2 points. My friend drew the same tag 4 years later with 1 point. That's about the extent of my luck. Until I draw my breaks ram tag this year.

Me and a buddy on back to back years once drew one the hardest moose permits in Alaska to get your hands on the way we figured it it was like .001% that it would work out that way again. His hunt went great mine not so great. But sure was a great trip. I also drew Maine cow moose hunt first time in the draw once and blanked out. And in Montana drew a pretty hard to get antelope tag first time in draw. Been a dry spell until this year finally drew a good Montana elk permit. Maybe it's my year for a sheep or goat tag also that would be great;)

Moose, Sheep and Goat are the hardest tags to draw anywhere, but you wouldn't think that by the results of this thread so far. I'm actually shocked just how many of you guys have drawn M,S,G with little or no points? I figured there would be more Mule Deer and Elk permits drawn with little points but it looks like those are harder to get when you are in a low point pool.

Some of you guys are sittin' on a lucky horse shoe, beating some looong odds, and multiple times...

Buzz, your the luckiest tag drawin' SOB here so far.

Moose, Sheep and Goat are the hardest tags to draw anywhere, but you wouldn't think that by the results of this thread so far. I'm actually shocked just how many of you guys have drawn M,S,G with little or no points? I figured there would be more Mule Deer and Elk permits drawn with little points but it looks like those are harder to get when you are in a low point pool.

You can add bison to that list as well, where I have a whopping 1% chance today. Wyoming draw results posting in 15 minutes.

Ya my moose hunt was likely the last for me, except possibly Maine some day since I'm up to 15 points (60 chances). But I was very fortunate to take advantage of my NH chance to take an above average DIY bull 2nd to the last day. I don't think anyone needs more than one of these on the wall anyway.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2925.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Drew what is typically a 5 preference point elk tag in Wyoming on the random the first time I put in for it. I have drawn a decent Wyoming antelope tag on the random too.

That is the best I have done though. I have suffered greatly in other states. Never drawn a tag in Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah. Sitting on over 30 points in Nevada and never drawn anything but a 5th choice antelope tag. Took me 28 years to draw an antelope tag in my home state.

Apparently my good luck is limited to Wyoming.

I hate you people.

I never get a tag unless they have to give me one before moving on to the next group.

I feel I've beat the odds a couple times, but as they say "Can't draw if you don't put in."
Ram tag - 2 points, 1%
Cow Moose tag - 0 points, 20%
Ewe tag - 0 points, 20%
Clearwater Game Range Doe tag - 0 points, 6%

Sorry.

I have only drawn a point tag with at least minimum points.
Like 3 for X9a & b,X10 in CA,deer.... 3 for General deer in UT. Never an elk or anything else with points besides deer.
Never drawn an antelope,goat or sheep tag since over the counter went out the door many years ago in most states.
AZ walk in for deer & antelope in 70's.Bull & deer in MT 2 times too.
I had max for CA & UT and would see folks draw Books Cliffs & Henries with a quarter my points.Or none. I gave up on points 6 yrs ago.
I had been lucky in NM as a NR. 8 for 10 MB tags,but never a prime unit. Now 5 for 7 as resident with elk. Again no premium units.
I did draw the only NR tag for deer in an off the radar deer unit in NM, out of 600 or so others.
No points here. I do get to hunt every year. Someday I might draw a premium unit or a OIL ,if a bothered to apply again.
I like seeing any tag these days....so I usually don't apply if it's 5% chance or less.And usually a 25-100% tag. I'm content.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back