Cow Talk

Rooster52

Going for a cow elk in early September. I have hadsome luck in Colorado talking to cow elk,bringing them in .This can fun ,if you can be between where they are at and where they want to go ,calling is a lot easier.
First archery hunt in Wyoming,getting excited.

Last edited:
If your between them and where they want to go why would you even need to call??

just a little excited are you,lol.You'll have a fun hunt out there.Honestly,I never called a cow in out there;only bulls.Dont overlook close spots just to go deep.My best spot in wy is no more the 300 yards from my road camp.Archery, all I see is people on 4 wheelers;none in the woods.Rifle was much worse.Think I saw 3 guys in the woods 1st week of season.ALOT of camps though.No idea what they do all day cause I never see them in woods.ALOT of road hunters in my unit
RELAX,your going to have a great trip if you know where to find elk.Study your maps and gated roads

just a little excited are you,lol.You'll have a fun hunt out there.Honestly,I never called a cow in out there;only bulls.Dont overlook close spots just to go deep.My best spot in wy is no more the 300 yards from my road camp.Archery, all I see is people on 4 wheelers;none in the woods.Rifle was much worse.Think I saw 3 guys in the woods 1st week of season.ALOT of camps though.No idea what they do all day cause I never see them in woods.ALOT of road hunters in my unit
RELAX,your going to have a great trip if you know where to find elk.Study your maps and gated roads

This is why they put out lots of permits. They count on lots of hunters not having the gumption to go get them. The adage is true, 10 per cent of the hunters kill 90 per cent of the game.

"Bring em in for a bow shot. "

We have used this tactic in Colorado as well during rifle season in the dark timber after the shooting starts..... have had good success with it.

Good luck on your Wyoming hunt, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcat1984
Back