Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cool Montana Archery Buck!

thecrittergitter

Here is a really cool buck that my buddy Travis shot on opening day of archery season here in Montana. We glassed this buck up from about 1/2 mile or so and decided he was worth a closer look. Well, the closer look we got ended up being at about 22 yards and a quick decision later, we were watching the arrowed buck go azz over teakettle down a 200' rockslide. The velvet on the buck was in perfect condition before the shot but as rocks will do, made their mark.

It is a really cool deer, I have him on video from three years ago in 2007. His left side ended up having right around 95" of bone and as you can see the right side has two actual horns. The straight up one and the club that comes out of the skull right below the other pedicle.

Congrats Travis on a really cool buck.

Attachments

• Travis Buck 1-1.jpg
    Travis Buck 1-1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 418
  • Travis Buck 5-1.jpg
    Travis Buck 5-1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 424
  • Travis Buck 6-1.jpg
    Travis Buck 6-1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 432
Ha, no wonder the picture you sent was only showing one side.
Still an awesome buck either way.

That was an awesome one...Kyle sent the pics after you guys shot it...could have shot a bear off your carcass a few days later...but that big 4 was up there again. No luck for Kyle on that though.

Congrats to him again. that will be an awesome mount...

Last edited:
Brandon, yea, will be a cool one. Wish Kyle would have nailed that other nice one but he still got a nice one anyway.

Appreciated his help sticking around and packing a load of meat.

He mentioned that bear, i would go up and stick him but ate up my tag this spring.

i don't know how bad i want another bear..I thought about it...but we were having to move on that buck fast...walked within 90 of the bear. Kyle asked if I wanted to shoot it. The buck was too cool to take a chance on.

Got to be a real big bear...they are too expensive to take care of...my wife will kill me if I brang another one home...have to get rid of some bears first...already traded a rug for a .32 win. special Model 94...good deal I thought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back