Yeti GOBOX Collection

Come Along to The Creek...

Big Sky

Since I know some of you are too far away to do this in person, or on a regular basis here in Montana, I thought maybe I'd use the camera to take you along. For those of you that live in Montana and can do this, hopefully it reminds you to never take it for granted. I also had the rare treat of having my wife join me on the creek yesterday evening. It's only the second time she's been fishign since we moved to Montana 20+ years ago. Hoping to get her hooked on fishing...pun intended.

It's not always about just the fishing. It's the whole experience of enjoying what you see while you are outdoors.
Spiderweb5-29-14_zpsc9ab886a.jpg

Here was our goal, now we just had to convince him he should bite.
Brown5-29-14A_zps64c3b9f5.jpg

He did! My wife caught the fish in the photo above. She was one happy little camper. So was I. Teaching a newbie to fish is a bit of a challenge, but it does makes success all that much sweeter.
TerriAdams5-29-14_zpsa531279e.jpg

My wife decided to take a couple photos while I was on my favorite hole on the whole darn creek.
Troy5-29-14C_zpsf122fa0d.jpg

Bingo, fish on!
Troy5-29-14D_zpsee054d02.jpg

There is a reason I love that particular hole. It always produces. This is a small creek so when it kicks a fish like this out, I'm always pleased. Hope y'all enjoyed the visual trip to the creek.
Troy5-29-14B_zpsb9538867.jpg

Thanks for sharing your experience. From the picture of your wife, it appears she might tagging along with you more often now.

Great stuff as always!

You guys did much better than me. Drove 100 miles to find clear water and got skunked on a blue bird day w/ a lot of wind. :)

Big Sky, nice pictorial trip and I hope your wife does get the fishing bug. Was in FWP today, finally making time to pick up my hunting/fishing license and was smiling that there were two women in there (separate) that were buying hunting and fishing licenses for the first time, and they were middle aged.

That is my favorite size of stream (crick!) to fish. I feel lost on the big name rivers due to volume an un-readable holes and habitat for trout.

Back