Caribou Gear

Colorado vs Montana?

I'm not sure I want to be the kind of guy who takes hunting "trips." I want to be the kind of guy who "hunts."
That's a great way to put it. Living where I do with the interests I have I take "trips". Most all of the stuff I do instate is for/with my boys. I didn't even buy a resident deer tag last year.

Is Denver crowded...Yes. Is it as bad as some make it out to be...No! There is a ton of hunting and fishing within a couple hours from town.

THIS^

If this is a good career move for you and makes sense with your long term goals, why the heck not? It's really easy to get out of the city and get away from people. If you can shift your work schedule just a little bit you can avoid most of the traffic. If you like shooting your bow there are enough shops and ranges scattered all over the area that you could do it daily if you wanted. Live on the west side of I-25 and you'll be fine, avoid anything east of I-25, like Aurora. Yes, the real estate market is tough to crack right now, but not as bad as folks make it sound.

Last edited:
Someone I talked to this weekend said something that really struck home to me: Montana boys that leave Montana aren't really truly happy until they are back in Montana.

If you want out of Sidney, see if you can work from Billings and take frequent trips to Sidney, or to Denver if that is the case. My cousin's husband works for a Denver company but lives in Montana and commutes frequently to Denver for work trips.

Denver is too much like LA for me. Smog. Ridiculous housing prices. Traffic. You can get to hiking trails in under an hour, but there will be 200 other people doing the same thing. Can I have your job in MT?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back