Colorado Unit 74

S_Shaw

So me and a good friend of mine, who is also 18 are planning an elk hunt for next fall. We are planning on making a trip to Colorado from Texas to hunt unit 74 during the early archery season. Neither of us have elk hunted before, but I am familiar with this area of Colorado. We don't know much about hunting the area or elk hunting in general however. We are starting to plan early and researching whatever we can though. Its something we have always wanted to do, and we figure the best way to learn is to just go out and do it. Any tips on hunting this particular unit, or hunting early season elk would be appreciated.

where ya from in Texas? me and a couple of my buddies (all 18-19) are also starting to plan our first western hunt, first spring bear in Idaho, then a Colorado elk hunt.

So me and a good friend of mine, who is also 18 are planning an elk hunt for next fall. We are planning on making a trip to Colorado from Texas to hunt unit 74 during the early archery season. Neither of us have elk hunted before, but I am familiar with this area of Colorado. We don't know much about hunting the area or elk hunting in general however. We are starting to plan early and researching whatever we can though. Its something we have always wanted to do, and we figure the best way to learn is to just go out and do it. Any tips on hunting this particular unit, or hunting early season elk would be appreciated.
Did you end up going to unit 74? I would love to get your take on the unit. My email is [email protected]

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigElk
Back