Colorado Unit 18 DIY Hunt

Big buck86

Hey guys this is my first post on the forum but love this site lots of knowledge and good info. My buddy and I are planning a DIY archery hunt in unit 18 either the first or sec week in Sept 2014 and i was wandering which week yall think would be best and also if you have anything to add on or about the unit! any info would be appreciated thanks.

Hunted it a few years ago, got into plenty of Elk but was way back in, was going to go there again this year but a friend went for rifle last year and said it was a b---h getting around all the dead beetle timber.

Hunted it a few years ago, got into plenty of Elk but was way back in, was going to go there again this year but a friend went for rifle last year and said it was a b---h getting around all the dead beetle timber.

Yes i have seen a lot of beetle kill from the satellite images i have looked at!! Hope it not horrible to get around lol.

That is what this guy said, I think it may be good, if you can find the herds back in there you may have little competition, I wanted to go there this year but the guys I may hunt with want to try something else.

That is what this guy said, I think it may be good, if you can find the herds back in there you may have little competition, I wanted to go there this year but the guys I may hunt with want to try something else.

What part of 18 do you hunt! i think we are hunting over by gravel mountain! I plan on getting as far away from the roads there as possible!

Back