Colorado Sheep/Goat Results up

Quite a few ram tags were drawn with 3+0 and 3+1 this year.

S9 archery ram was luckbox central: 8 of the 11 tags went to guys with 3+3 or less (including a nonres tag with 3+0 and a youth with 3+0).

Nada for me. Maybe year number 23 will be my lucky one.
I hope someone here drew

Stats for goat: http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hunting/BigGame/Statistics/MountainGoat/2017GoatDrawRecap.pdf

Some poor dude with 3 + 15 put in for unit 17 (managed for low population) and didn't draw it. The tag went to a lucky dude that was 3 + 1.

Still shows that in a bonus point system you still can get lucky (or unlucky).

Mt Evans ewe tag went as a 2nd choice...so if you happened to throw in a 2nd choice (I didn't), you had a 20% chance at that tag and get to keep your points.

I don't even want to advertise some of the stuff in the draw report - Can I delete this thread? :)

I took a big cut and missed...one lucky applicant drew an S61 ram tag with 3+0...what a gift for them!!

I took a big cut and missed...one lucky applicant drew an S61 ram tag with 3+0...what a gift for them!!

I saw that, too! We were just at Purgatoire for my friends RFW turkey tag and talked to Steve (ranch owner/manager) for a long time about the history of the sheep down in that country. Fascinating and such awesome country.

The Purg RFW tag went to a high point holder, but that guy who drew the normal 61 tag is in for a treat in his/her first year of eligibility!

The area is a special place indeed; from parietal art to dinosaur tracks to getting the feeling that one has stepped back in time, I thoroughly enjoyed my PCMS pronghorn hunt there 2 years ago. The tarantulas were on the move, the cholla plant made me question how a benevolent creator could make such a plant and the hunting wasn't too bad either. ;)

no sheep for me....that's ok because I'm drawing moose in Idaho, mtn goat in NV and Sheep in UT. I'm going to have a fall that would kill the average man. :)

The area is a special place indeed; from parietal art to dinosaur tracks to getting the feeling that one has stepped back in time, I thoroughly enjoyed my PCMS pronghorn hunt there 2 years ago. The tarantulas were on the move, the cholla plant made me question how a benevolent creator could make such a plant and the hunting wasn't too bad either. ;)

Not to hijack the sheep/goat draw discussion - but I am in love with the country in S61. I had the Purg turkey tag in 2014, but was assigned to a southern tract (still awesome) This year we were right in the red rocks across from the original sheep release site (5+ miles from the dinosaur tracks) The pic below is a life-size deer petroglyph 50 yards from the tent (which would make it 550 yards from the gobbler we roosted and my buddy harvested)

IMG_4807.jpg

I'm still picking cactus spines out of everything that made the trip.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back