Caribou Gear

Back to Back Sheep Hunts!

Fishnride

So long story short, I drew an archery Ram tag last year here in my home state of Colorado after putting in for 17 years. I scouted all summer, had a hell of a backcountry wilderness hunt and took a Pope and Young Ram.

My Son just turned 18 this year and graduated high school. As luck would have it he drew the exact same tag in the same unit! Our bags our packed for 10 days and we head in tomorrow. I can’t put into words how excited I am to share this adventure with him before he moves away. I’ll try to post an update after the hunt and if your interested in the write up from last year google “A 2022 Sheep Hunt Bowsite”
Keith

Attachments

• IMG_3592.jpeg
    IMG_3592.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3553.jpeg
    IMG_3553.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3626.jpeg
    IMG_3626.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 143
So awesome. Glad you get to head up there with another tag in the family. I heard the trail is a mess.

Congratulation on a great trophy with the stick. Certainly a beautiful place there.

Congratulations on your son’s tag and congrats on your ram. Looking forward to the write up on this one.

Fantastic! What an opportunity for yall. Good luck!

Sheep hunting is special, but sheep hunting with your son is off the chart special.
Most who are following on this forum will never get to do what you are doing.
Good luck and be sure to keep sharing your adventure with us.

Quick update.
We have been having a blast! What a special and wild adventure. We’ve been out since Sunday and have seen more than 50 Rams and less then 10 people! Some pretty good ones and definitely more 3/4 curl rams than last year.

We have been studying behavior and travel patterns. A couple failed stalks leads us to believe that pulling off an archery stalk when they have the upper hand is gonna be nearly impossible. We’re going with more of an ambush strategy from here on out.

Pulled an all nighter and hiked out after the evening hunt yesterday for my daughters tonsillectomy. It was a 13 mile hike and 5 1/2 hr drive kind of night. Kadens still up there hunting Solo and I’m going back in tomorrow. Sheep Fever is strong!!

Attachments

• IMG_6267.jpeg
    IMG_6267.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6255.jpeg
    IMG_6255.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6289.jpeg
    IMG_6289.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6281.jpeg
    IMG_6281.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
Great update.
All nighters are much easier to pull off when you are doing it for your kids. Hang in there Dad!
What an adventure.

Last edited:
Quick update.
We have been having a blast! What a special and wild adventure. We’ve been out since Sunday and have seen more than 50 Rams and less then 10 people! Some pretty good ones and definitely more 3/4 curl rams than last year.

We have been studying behavior and travel patterns. A couple failed stalks leads us to believe that pulling off an archery stalk when they have the upper hand is gonna be nearly impossible. We’re going with more of an ambush strategy from here on out.

Pulled an all nighter and hiked out after the evening hunt yesterday for my daughters tonsillectomy. It was a 13 mile hike and 5 1/2 hr drive kind of night. Kadens still up there hunting Solo and I’m going back in tomorrow. Sheep Fever is strong!!

In the photo of the standing rams, the one that is scratching an itch looks like a really good one. Good luck to your son!

Congratulations on your hunt from last year and good luck on the upcoming one

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back