Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado Mule Deer Questions

Elkwhisper

Does anyone have any knowledge or info on hunting Colorado Unit 30 or 31 for Mule Deer? I won a hunt through work on The High Lonesome Ranch near DeBeque, CO. I have heard very good things about this place and am hopeful I can finally take a good buck for the wall. I'll be there the first week of November next year.

www.thehighlonesomeranch.com

I'm pretty excited to get to hunt Colorado, and the accomadations look a little more plush that the DIY drop camps I am used to. This is a completely guided hunt, which I am not used to..... but I guess I'll "make do" for the chance to get to hunt such a great looking piece of property.

Guess I really don't have to do much homework for this hunt...... but would love to hear from anyone that has some first hand knowledge of the area or the ranch. I know they take some deer in the 190" to 210" range every year, but want to get an idea of what I should realistically be holding out for. Where I hunt here in Montana I am tickled with a 160" deer, so at the very least it will be fun to look over some good bucks.

Good hunting!

Elkwhisper

I know..... $10K for a stinky old mule deer buck seems crazy. I've never spent more than $16+ a tank of gas to kill one....

But heck... if they think I deserve it, who am I to argue right???? :D

They have access to some good country. I'll shoot you a PM when I get back from MT next week.

You have a chance of gettin a 170 or better buck. If you look at the B&C book there is alot of top scores alltime for mulies. I have lived in colorado my hole life and know the state very well and if i were to pick a place bsides my hunny holes i would head that way. I can look up sum info when the states stats report comes out just keep in contact.

Hunt hard....JTV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back