Colorado GMU 38

benjiskis

Hi all,

Love the OYOA shows; much better to see Randy's genuine excitement about the adventure and not just the horns.

I'm a first-time Colorado deer hunter (grew up in Iowa; no rifles) with a 2nd season tag in 38. Can't wait for the time to get here! Any tips appreciated.

I would think trying your luck at the slots in Blackhawk would be a great start to your season. ;)

Other than that I dont have a clue about GMU 38. Do you have access to private? Good Luck!

I don't know much about deer hunting on the east side of the mountains, but welcome from another guy from IA. Didn't grow up there, though. At 8 years old the mountains called, so I packed up my bags, headed west and never looked back. ;)

I know a little about 38....worked there for 2 years and killed a couple average bucks. A 172 and a 165 with the ol recurve. Saw a couple big ones. though. I don't think it is as good as it used to be but I would study your maps and any public land east of Highway 72 that runs from Nederland to Blackhawk would be a great place to start. Good luck finding private that will allow you on, they are a bunch of friggin tree huggin hippies that think deer should be pets. Oh, buddy of mine smoked a 215" in there too with his recurve....for what its worth;) Study the maps you will find some...............

Good luck on your hunt. How many points did you need to draw the tag? I am building points in WY but starting to look at other states because I am finding that I may be waiting a long, long time to have enough points to get a shot at a limited quota area worth hunting in WY. Took my first WY deer hunt 4 years ago and didn't see a single buck in 7 days of hunting and hiking 8 miles a day in the Wind River Mountains near Big Sandy Lodge. Hitman.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justin.webb
Back