CO First Rifle Cow Hunt

BeerCheeze

Did our first western hunt over CO's first rifle season. Had a great adventure and managed to punch our tag on the last day with a nice cow. The whole trip was DIY and got a lot of good advice from the forum as well as from Big Fin's videos and other content. The experience was great and am so glad that I was able to make the trip!

A couple of things that I learned on the the trip:
Don't let the number of vehicles at the trailhead intimidate you, there is enough area to get away from other people if you are willing to hike
You can see elk close to the trailhead, so be ready

And a question:
Most of the elk we saw were in the morning, what types of areas or approach should be taken in the afternoons?

Congrats on your harvest. Those seem like solid takeaways to me. I wouldn't consider myself an overly successful elk hunter yet so I'll holdout on offering advice on something I probably don't know any more than you on! Glad you enjoyed your hunt. We've hunted CO what will be 6 years in a row now and I have had an awesome time on every trip.

Glad you had a good time. Now you have memories that will fuel many conversations.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back