Cleaning media

I'm guessing you're using a little hobby rock polisher? The Franklin (and others) can clean up to 1000 .223 at a time. It would be a pain in the butt to clean 1 pound brass at a time. I decap everything and chuck them in a 1 gallon plastic paint can. When it gets 1/2-3/4 full or I need some specific brass I know is in there, I clean a batch, dry and sort. I've thought about getting a dryer but I usually lay them out on an old bath towel in the sun or on a bench if there's no sun.

Cheapie walnut and a XL vibratory Lyman tumbler for me. I don't care about the shine, and I don't worry about the primer pockets at all. I do like the light layer of carbon, dust, and car wax that remains inside the necks. I actually don't tumble prior to sizing either, only after to remove my Lanolin lube.

And...I leave the media in the flash hole if it gets stuck there.

I hope your not taking offense to the step by step methods myself and many others use that have been doing this for years. I don't think you were belittled in anything I saw. My take is that many have given you hints and methods and you have taken offense to it? Oh well, carry on!!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back