Cleaning media

I'm guessing you're using a little hobby rock polisher? The Franklin (and others) can clean up to 1000 .223 at a time. It would be a pain in the butt to clean 1 pound brass at a time. I decap everything and chuck them in a 1 gallon plastic paint can. When it gets 1/2-3/4 full or I need some specific brass I know is in there, I clean a batch, dry and sort. I've thought about getting a dryer but I usually lay them out on an old bath towel in the sun or on a bench if there's no sun.

Cheapie walnut and a XL vibratory Lyman tumbler for me. I don't care about the shine, and I don't worry about the primer pockets at all. I do like the light layer of carbon, dust, and car wax that remains inside the necks. I actually don't tumble prior to sizing either, only after to remove my Lanolin lube.

And...I leave the media in the flash hole if it gets stuck there.

I hope your not taking offense to the step by step methods myself and many others use that have been doing this for years. I don't think you were belittled in anything I saw. My take is that many have given you hints and methods and you have taken offense to it? Oh well, carry on!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back