Caribou Gear

Cattle

Jose.....I had two opportunities to tell you how important public land grazing is to the beef supply? Well no shit Sherlock.......it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I guess I didn't need to state the obvious to a bunch of intelligent bloggers. I bet they have figured that out years ago. Your stats do seem a bit one sided, not to mention possibly full of bull shit.

Why would you jack a shell in and shoot that water tank and think of me when you do it as there is a damn good chance that some of your elk that you can't seem to find water there? Maybe you should waddle on out there and help with those tanks since they are on your land after all.

Elkohalic, go on to RFD TV right now and you can see what they are bringing. 450 lb. steer today is bringing around $1.70 depending on numbers and location. I am watching intently as ours sellin about 45 minutes. Ours are in at 550...... So I hope they do good. I'll buy you a cold one (or 20) if they do!!

Jose.....I had two opportunities to tell you how important public land grazing is to the beef supply? Well no shit Sherlock.......it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I guess I didn't need to state the obvious to a bunch of intelligent bloggers. I bet they have figured that out years ago. Your stats do seem a bit one sided, not to mention possibly full of bull shit.

Why would you jack a shell in and shoot that water tank and think of me when you do it as there is a damn good chance that some of your elk that you can't seem to find water there? Maybe you should waddle on out there and help with those tanks since they are on your land after all.

Elkohalic, go on to RFD TV right now and you can see what they are bringing. 450 lb. steer today is bringing around $1.70 depending on numbers and location. I am watching intently as ours sellin about 45 minutes. Ours are in at 550...... So I hope they do good. I'll buy you a cold one (or 20) if they do!!

You got a number, or we just supposed to take the word of your bullshit?

Give a number. Do you think it is over 3% of the nation's supply of beef cattle that ever step on My Public Lands?

Why so hard for you to come up with a number? You had 2 opportunities, you couldn't do it, so I put up some numbers. If you don't like the source, you had a 3rd chance to put up a number, and, you couldn't do it.

How can you make statements about it being "important", when you can't even find a number to back it up.

"Next time I see a water tank , I'll just jack a shell in the chamber and put a new drain hole in the tank and think of you"

That is about the dumbest f***ing comment I've ever seen on these forums, but I guess it's not surprising due to whom it came from. What an azzclown and a pompous one at that who thinks he knows everything about everything, LOL! If you don't think so, just ask him!.

Wabbit hell, I'm hunting water tanks!

elmerfudd.jpg

"Next time I see a water tank , I'll just jack a shell in the chamber and put a new drain hole in the tank and think of you"

That is about the dumbest f***ing comment I've ever seen on these forums, but I guess it's not surprising due to whom it came from. What an azzclown and a pompous one at that who thinks he knows everything about everything, LOL! If you don't think so, just ask him!.

Yep, no apologies from me. I am also perfectly happy to leave gates open on My Public Lands.

I think Randy needs to create a new forum catagory for azzclowns and douchebags so those of us who like to discuss more important topics dont have to weed through this b.s. no pun intended.

No shit gcan! After those last two posts of his, this guy needs to take a long hike and get lost somewhere on HIS PUBLIC LANDS!!! All he's good for is lame posts calling people names for no reason and stirring the pot telling everyone he knows everything!

I shouldn't do this.......but what the hell:hump: Jose......you poor dumb b****** (bastard)!:) why in the hell do I need to come up with a number when you already did from some Democratic, Green Peace website? You and I are quite a little different for the fact that if I can't come up with a figure I will admit it.......but at least if I do it will come from a source that is a little more "fair and balanced". Anyone who is on this website and who eats beef should think that public land grazing is a good thing because if it wasn't for that, and they were relying on beef raised on deeded ground, they wouldn't be able to afford it for simple supply and demand reasons.

Think outside the box a little. There is probably a reason that you are not on the family ranch anymore, for the simple fact that you had some messed up ideas.

Anyone who is on this website and who eats beef should think that public land grazing is a good thing because if it wasn't for that, and they were relying on beef raised on deeded ground, they wouldn't be able to afford it for simple supply and demand reasons.

Um yeah, I hunt therefore I do not need to eat lot of beef, let beef burger go to $10 a pound; I could hardly give a chit.

Besides, I've lived in the Midwest before and I have seen a lot of big fat, healthy looking cows that have never seen a foot of public land. Not sure how those guys stay in business. Must have skipped the new F350 for a couple of years.

Atleast now we know I'm not the biggest douchebag on the site...lol

LMAO @ John!

Every time I'm gone for a few days and come back to catch up on the threads, it seems like they all turn into pissing contests! WTH?

Here is a fun google search. "what state produces the most beef"?

The top five beef producing states are Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska and South Dakota. Beef cattle production represents the largest single segment of American agriculture. More farms were classified as beef cattle operations than any other type of farm in the U.S.A.

Not hot beds of public land those states are not.

Here was another interesting google search

http://www.stuffaboutstates.com/agriculture/livestock/cattle.htm

Talk about D-bags.

I shouldn't do this.......but what the hell:hump: Jose......you poor dumb b****** (bastard)!:) why in the hell do I need to come up with a number when you already did from some Democratic, Green Peace website? You and I are quite a little different for the fact that if I can't come up with a figure I will admit it.......but at least if I do it will come from a source that is a little more "fair and balanced". Anyone who is on this website and who eats beef should think that public land grazing is a good thing because if it wasn't for that, and they were relying on beef raised on deeded ground, they wouldn't be able to afford it for simple supply and demand reasons.

Think outside the box a little. There is probably a reason that you are not on the family ranch anymore, for the simple fact that you had some messed up ideas.

Let me get this straight, you have now had 4 chances and opportunities to come up with a number that proves your point, and, you have failed 4 times in a row? You really know what you are talking about, ignoring any need for facts.

Are you still going to stick with your nonsense claim that it is "important" for our nation's supply of Big Mac's that there are Welfare Rancher's cows ruining hunter's trips? LMAO.

Here, I will help you, here is the numbers of head of beef, by state, per the BEEF INDUSTRY.

Texas . . . . . . . . . . . 13,300,000
Kansas . . . . . . . . . . . 6,300,000
Nebraska . . . . . . . . . . . 6,200,000
California . . . . . . . . . . . 5,150,000
Oklahoma . . . . . . . . . . . 5,100,000
Missouri . . . . . . . . . . . 3,950,000
Iowa . . . . . . . . . . . 3,900,000
South Dakota . . . . . . . . . . . 3,700,000
Wisconsin . . . . . . . . . . . 3,450,000
Colorado . . . . . . . . . . . 2,650,000
Montana . . . . . . . . . . . 2,500,000
Minnesota . . . . . . . . . . . 2,380,000
Idaho . . . . . . . . . . . 2,200,000
Kentucky . . . . . . . . . . . 2,190,000
Tennessee . . . . . . . . . . . 1,990,000
Arkansas . . . . . . . . . . . 1,720,000
North Dakota . . . . . . . . . . . 1,700,000
Florida . . . . . . . . . . . 1,630,000
Pennsylvania . . . . . . . . . . . 1,610,000
New Mexico . . . . . . . . . . . 1,540,000
Virginia . . . . . . . . . . . 1,540,000
New York . . . . . . . . . . . 1,400,000
Oregon . . . . . . . . . . . 1,330,000
Wyoming . . . . . . . . . . . 1,300,000
Alabama . . . . . . . . . . . 1,230,000
Ohio . . . . . . . . . . . 1,230,000
Illinois . . . . . . . . . . . 1,100,000
Michigan . . . . . . . . . . . 1,090,000
Washington . . . . . . . . . . . 1,090,000
Georgia . . . . . . . . . . . 1,020,000
Mississippi . . . . . . . . . . . 900,000
Arizona . . . . . . . . . . . 870,000
Indiana . . . . . . . . . . . 850,000
Utah . . . . . . . . . . . 800,000
Louisiana . . . . . . . . . . . 790,000
North Carolina . . . . . . . . . . . 780,000
Nevada . . . . . . . . . . . 460,000
South Carolina . . . . . . . . . . . 385,000
West Virginia . . . . . . . . . . . 370,000
Vermont . . . . . . . . . . . 270,000
Maryland . . . . . . . . . . . 195,000
Hawaii . . . . . . . . . . . 141,000
Maine . . . . . . . . . . . 90,000
Connecticut . . . . . . . . . . . 49,000
Massachusetts . . . . . . . . . . . 40,000
New Hampshire . . . . . . . . . . . 34,000
New Jersey . . . . . . . . . . . 32,000
Delaware . . . . . . . . . . . 18,000
Alaska . . . . . . . . . . . 13,500
Rhode Island . . . . . . . . . . . 4,900

The states with Elk and Welfare Rancher's are relatively small, and, keep in mind, only a portion of the cows and calves in the BOLD states ever set foot on My Public Lands and carry a Welfare Rancher's brand. Most of them are ran on private, deeded lands by hardworking ranchers, cowboys, and feedlot employees who don't need to sit with their handout to the government needing welfare. The states in BOLD, combined, only have 12.1% of the country's beef, and, I would guess way less than 1/2 of them are owned by Welfare Ranchers.

Hell, the top 9 states have over 55% of the nation's beef supply, and not much for populations of elk to hunt.

Again, show a number that shows how "important" Welfare Ranching is to "supply and demand", or, you gonna keep avoiding displaying for all to see that you don't have a clue what you were talking about?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back